Recent content by leelee2004

  1. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    Sorry for late reply but here are the results from the meeting with the ortho surgeon outside of my home town and state. They took x rays upon arrival and when surgeon came in room he had all xrays side by side from the day of surgery to that mornings xray. You can clearly see over time the...
  2. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    The part that makes me the most angry is the surgeon Who performed the operationonly personally got involved With the issues post surgeryin the meeting today. This is the first time I have met with him since surgery. All other office visits which were four were conducted with the PA so surgeon...
  3. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    Back from original surgeon and he is finally aware of the gravity of the situation. After a one hour meeting he has concluded that there is loosening on the stem(probably initiated from dog attack) and this is causing all the pain I am experiencing at present as it got worse over time. He...
  4. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    thanks and not using a walker or cane at present but only a matter of time for the cane. Going back to original surgeon tomorrow( I called his office and expressed my dissatisfaction and he scheduled me right away) and lets see what he has to say. I also have a consult with a diagnostic MD )part...
  5. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    Hi Deb, Please see below replies to your post and thanks for responding. 1. I have all new shoes and I am only wearing these... 2. In late August I did have to move some heavy plants around my yard as house was power washed and they moved and left everything out in middle of yard. This took...
  6. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    I will do,. Trying to get into a third ortho as I just want someone to explain to me via diagnosis, imaging or experience what is causing this and no one seems to want to or care enough to help me. My next stop is out of state and lets see what happens there....My PT says be patient in a few...
  7. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    I went to the PT yesterday and after thoroughly checking me she says all thigh muscles are extremely tight, butt muscles tight my it band is very tight and fascia is not right? He assessment is muscular and probably aggravated by some heavy lifting I did end August. She gave me a 3 exercises...
  8. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    I am in USA, South Carolina. The attacks I mentioned happened prior to my dog and I being attacked leaving my front door. These reckless, irresponsible owners continued to keep this animal in the neighborhood. If that had been a small child and their puppy on the day I was attacked there...
  9. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    Kelly, they found the dog abandoned on the road way out in the country and brought it home back to a neighborhood of small children, elderly and lots of small animals. It had already killed a dog and several cats in neighborhood and had broken free from owner on numerous occasions as she could...
  10. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    Thanks Chris.... something definitely happened fairly quickly to bring on such a rapid decline from prior standard(which was not that great either to be frank ). Meeting with a very knowledgeable PT person today and she is also determined to get to bottom of it and has mentioned aspiration and...
  11. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    Thanks for the kind words it is truly a miracle we survived. I have heard that the blood test is not 100 percent? And that other testing may be needed but Original surgeon has not mentioned that and clearly wants nothing more to do with case. Hoping to get some answers from the third opinion Dr.
  12. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    The original surgeon did perform blood testing 3 weeks ago to check for infection. It was 2 tests , but only was a blood draw. These tests came back negative.
  13. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    Thank you for the kind words. I am hoping to recieve some good inout.
  14. L

    THR Pain Limping 7 months out of THR/Pit Bull Attack

    I had a total HR on left hip end of Feb 21. I was attacked 11 days later by a pit bull who was loose in my neighborhood and ran into my yard trying to kill my small dog as we were exiting my home. I had to immediately jump on top of my dog , smother her with my body and fight pit bull off...
Back
Top Bottom