Recent content by LD of Michigan

  1. LD of Michigan

    TKR I’m so glad to have found this group

    Yes, I took and still take Magnesium to help me sleep more soundly. Sleeping will get better. I had more trouble I think because I was not sleeping well before. Welcome to Bonesmart!
  2. LD of Michigan

    TKR Second Knee Replacement Done

    I remember those days. Still have a few of them! It will get better. Give yourself permission to sleep during the day or whenever your body says sleep. I watched alot of oldie-classics my first weeks at night... quiet stuff I could drop off too that was not too loud or blaring.
  3. LD of Michigan

    TKR After a year and 2 months

    Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, that feeling went away completely at about four months.
  4. LD of Michigan

    TKR Kneeling after TKR

    My gait seemed changed immediately (leg seemed much longer) after my left TKR then it seemed to even out at the four month point. My body had to settle into it all and make peace with the implant in my case.
  5. LD of Michigan

    TKR ROM issues

    Welcome to Bonesmart! I too have had two TKR's the second one easier in a way, yet odd pain down my left leg tibia or that smaller out bone is called was a remains a problem on deep compression (like cylcing, and certain positioning). I like my PT as in a way it pushed me farther than I would...
  6. LD of Michigan

    TKR After Surgery Recovery Process

    That's right. I was ready to start to drive week four or so but had to wait until I was off oxy before I could. Narc med use could be brought up should there be an accident (even if not your fault) and ligation ensues.
  7. LD of Michigan

    TKR Five years later, and still many regrets. Is there a doctor in the US who can fix this?

    Yes, you DO have to use discernment with any review site based on others experiences. But those experiences, especially describing a pattern of treatment, would be meaningful to me to know. I met both of my prospective ortho doctors AND reviewed them, and talked to others who had surgeries with...
  8. LD of Michigan

    TKR Excruciating pain

    That are some terrible Physical Therapists out there! Who's lifting their leg day two? He needed to know that his behavior is/ was unacceptable, but I'd make a complaint later once further down the healing path. All energy is for healing and health, onward. We have to remember the healing just...
  9. LD of Michigan

    TKR 4 months out with pain going down stairs

    Hello Muttie, Your still early on. I had an odd pain today shooting across my knee within, in the front while heating something on my stove walking to the sink. I've not done anything unusual. Just part of the healing process, even six month on. We're hear for you :console2:
  10. LD of Michigan

    TKR Five years later, and still many regrets. Is there a doctor in the US who can fix this?

    Hospitals, Doctors and PT's can be reviewed state to state using this site: https://www.healthgrades.com/
  11. LD of Michigan

    TKR Bicycle

    Yes, YES to all stated above. I was in misery the first literal peddle revolutions during my PT time on a stationary bike. But it got better, with lessening pain! Seat height is crucial - you want knee up appropriately on the upstroke, but not like a grass-hopper! Yet seat not too high to be a...
  12. LD of Michigan

    TKR Still in pain ? How long is normal ?

    Greetings Betty1967kitten: So glad you're on BSmart. It was a God-send my early days, weeks, etc. when I was managing pain, etc. I too return to work at about 6 weeks, but my job was modified to reduced standing/ walking. I took it as part of my PT concluded that before returning to work; part...
  13. LD of Michigan

    TKR Days of Recovery (TKR 1/4)

    Greetings Fellow Knee Fixin' Friends! I hope everyone is well. Enjoying the summer months! :flwrysmile: My scar seems darker this time - not sure why. Need to compare photos from my right TKR in 2019. Strange bone pain shooting down my outer left leg (not present with other TKR) is much...
  14. LD of Michigan

    TKR Melisa’s new knee (3/20/23)

    Yep M72. I too wear a bright yellow/ green vest. I may look kooky as I peddle mostly on the sidewalk about a campus off peak times but I don't care. Safety first. I see (or barely see) cyclist weaving in and out of traffic when I drive and wonder why they take the risk? Do they no drive and see...
  15. LD of Michigan

    TKR Melisa’s new knee (3/20/23)

    Isn't that the truth. I am just cycling slowly on the side-walk on the university campus near off hours when no one is around, including circles in the empty parking lots. Got start slow I am telling myself. So glad just to be peddling again!
Back
Top Bottom