Recent content by Layla290

  1. L

    TKR Still swollen

    I am almost 8 months out and I still have swelling and pain if I overdo it. I had stopped being diligent about icing and my sister reminded me to keep icing my knees and that's making a big difference. I still take tylenol and ibuprofen. Also, once I finally accepted that I am a tortoise in...
  2. L

    recovery time line

    I wouldn't plan on being able to travel by plane that soon. For one thing, you will still have swelling and will need to ice and elevate most of the day. I would postpone surgery until after the trip if I were you because that will be way too soon to be be doing so much walking and to be...
  3. L

    TKR Help! I've developed right hip pain 3 months after LTKR.

    Advice that I got from the home PT that helped with hip and low back pain was to wear your most supportive shoes during the day even if you are not going out. I was used to just wearing socks around the house but when I started wearing my athletic shoes (New Balance with arch supports for...
  4. L

    Dancing after knee replacement

    Maybe you could try part-time or on call shifts at first and sort of ease your way back into the full-time shifts once you see how your knee does. Hopefully all will go well but sometimes unpredictable complications happen that make recovery extend longer for some.
  5. L

    TKR Biggest issue - discouragement/pain

    I had surgery June 2014 on was on Xarelto and had no problems with it even though I take a lot of medications--diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, fibro, etc.
  6. L

    Dancing after knee replacement

    Try doing a search for "zumba" or "yoga" and reading some of those posts in the Bonesmart forums. I can't remember her name but there was a yoga instructor who had knee surgery 2 or so years ago and resumed teaching rather quickly after surgery. I know dancing is different from zumba or yoga...
  7. L

    TKR Its been worse than childbirth! Did I make the right decision?

    I had 4 post-op visits. At the last one (4 months post-op) was told I did not need to come back for anymore follow up visits unless there was a problem. I was surprised because I thought I would need to come back in a year for a check up. I guess every ortho is different.
  8. L

    General Posting Question

    I agree with Anne and Sephia. Also, it would help if the threads were set up so that the newest post(s) were on Page 1 of the threads-- in other words reverse order so to speak so that if you have 10 pages, the oldest posts would be on page 10 and the newest on the Page 1 which is the first...
  9. L

    Bilateral TKR pain still so intense when I get up from a seated position?

    I am almost three months out from BLTK like you are. About two weeks ago I was having pain in that area from where the IT band connects radiating out so I started massaging the area with my knuckles and using a heating pad on top of my knee to relax the area. After a few days, the pain cleared...
  10. L

    Bilateral TKR Hurrah, BTKR done!!

    If I post using the Post Reply box, how would anyone know that I was asking about a flexinator (or asking about another issue) without reading my whole thread since it is labeled "Hurrah, BTKR done!"? Can or do I change the title of my thread when I have a new question? Sorry, that I am not...
  11. L

    Bilateral TKR Hurrah, BTKR done!!

    My ROM is about 105 on right and 110 on left. The flexinator was suggested as a way to increase my ROM because I am having a hard time bending my knees any further using heel slides, etc.The machine would do the bending and I could gradually increase the bend. I need more ROM to do gardening...
  12. L

    Bilateral TKR Hurrah, BTKR done!!

    I read the help section and read all the information to try to figure out how to post so that the new post is in my thread but still do not quite understand how to do that. Should I being going to my thread and then typing in the posting and then clicking on post reply that is on the right...
  13. L

    Bilateral TKR Hurrah, BTKR done!!

    Has anyone used a flexinator? My OS suggested it. The company called me today and is going to call me on again on Monday. I googled it to find out more about it but I am not sure about giving it a try.
  14. L

    Bilateral TKR Hurrah, BTKR done!!

    My scars have been getting wider and irregularly shaped. I'll try and upload pictures. Also, they seem to be hypertrophic. Anyway, has anyone else had their scars get wider and go from being a straight line to looking like a crooked unevenly shaped long scar? Also, an update is in order...
  15. L

    Skin Nerve Pain after surgery

    I have been using Glad Wrap Press and Seal on both my knees. When I am ready for bed, I wrap my thigh with one piece and then use a second piece overlapping the upper piece that goes down to my upper calf. I only use it at night but find that I have no numbness or nerve pain at night or during...
Back
Top Bottom