Dropping in for a 6 month update.
Background:
My left knee replacement surgery was on June 6, 2019. It was a Smith and Nephew Visionaire replacement done in an outpatient surgical center. I arrived at 5:45 am and was home for lunch, even with a 45 minute drive home! This was my 3rd joint...
@RAD - 3+ miles is amazing! I always love to see what you are up to because I can look forward to that next. Although no trip to Europe for me, lol! I do look forward to breaking the mile mark for walking. In September, I might do a personal trainer at the gym for a while to add some weights and...
@luvcats you sound so great! Sorry I have not been commenting for a while. I use the seated recumbent elliptical machine at PT as well. I never knew there was such a thing. Pretty cool!
Did anyone answer your questions about nutrition? I am no expert on nutrition (although I was a dietitian...
Hi Everyone! Sorry I have not been posting much lately, but it is because I just feel so great. Tomorrow is the beginning of week 10 for me. Yesterday was my followup with my surgeon. He was amazed at how well I am doing and commented that my knee looked much better than it should at 2 months...
I just caught up on your thread. For some reason I was not getting alerts even though I follow you. You are doing fantastic, my friend! I love reading your progress because it is something for me to look forward to achieving in a few weeks. Great job all the way around! You made me smile with...
Today I began using weights at outpatient physical therapy. I was so happy to be able to do that. I have not used the crutches since last Wednesday. Feeling thankful.
Hello everyone! I have not posted for a while, mainly because I feel great and have been somewhat active. That is a good thing!
I went to outpatient PT on Wednesday, and it was the first time I solo drove my car since surgery. I drove to dinner with my husband on Sunday night. He wanted to make...
HI @luvcats - I have not checked in for a while so am catching up on your progress. I love your spirit and spunk throughout all of this. And how nice to get Chipotle!!! I would love some. :-)
This issue was interesting to me. When I had my first knee replacement, I had some pretty intense pain...
Yesterday was 4 weeks from my surgery. That sounds like something to celebrate! I keep thinking of the progression chart and how the first 4 weeks are red but after that it begins to get better. I look forward to this next phase. Thought I would give an update on where I am.
Medications:
Went...
Oh @luvcats we have got you, honey. I will be praying for you 10:30 on Monday. I have followed you and will be on the look out for that first post surgical post. You have got this!
And hopefully your life will expand after you recover. Before my first knee and hip, I had chronic pain syndrome...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.