Recent content by laurendallastx

  1. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    I actually feel better and using the gait belt to get in and out of bed. The hip itself does not hurt but lifting the leg without assistance with sharp pain is suspect, especially when the first 4 weeks have been pain free. I have a long Monday coming up. New surgeon at 8am. I will post updates!
  2. L

    THR Soft tissue/muscle pain THR

    Please update! Hope you are doing well.
  3. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    Y'all I have had such a fear of any activity. I feel like a lump in my chair! Walking only with a cane. At my 2 week follow up they took x rays all was great no pain or issues getting in and out of car and bed. Now all of a sudden pain severe groin pain. I did find a new surgeon willing to see...
  4. L

    THR 4 weeks post op woke with pain

    Any updates Angelw? Been reading your situation since December. Sounds identical to me but my OS has not returned my calls. Hang in there.
  5. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    Been very depressed but still reading posts for encouragement. Total Left Hip Replacement 9/30/2020 posterior approach Dislocation 12/07/2020 Revision 12/09/2020 new cup and head only Was feeling great up until last week. Now intense pain unable to lift leg into bed without severe pain. Was...
  6. L

    THR I’m new

    Welcome!!! Ice is your best friend! Watch precautions and I learned if something falls on the floor just leave it. Hoping for the best for you. I learned so much here.
  7. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    Thank you all for all information. My surgeon said skip PT as well. I became so strong simply hiking 2 flat miles a day. I am so happy to be home in my own bed leg cramps and all!
  8. L

    Revision THR How much PT is too much?

    Oh no that is awful @Casper01 ! Yesterday was my hip replacement #2 in 2 months and it is a larger version. Mine gave way. Very scary. I was surrounded by coworkers as I lay on the floor. You think why me. Hopefully you are recovering now. I hate reliving thigh pain and leg cramps! They are...
  9. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    Y'all I had an entire new replacement yesterday and home. The experience was horrible I was laying in the emergency room with a dangled leg for 12 hours and they couldn't put it back they tried twice my surgeon was in surgeries all day the next day so they gave me lots of pain medicine. When I...
  10. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    Hello I've been lurking and reading and enjoy reading everyone progress. Unfortunately I have a dislocation out of nowhere and in the hospital again and they were unable to put it back. Now waiting for the surgeon to help me. I am exasperated! I was doing well and Trail hiking with sticks about...
  11. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    Just an update on my Left Hip Replacement Posterior after 3 weeks. All good. Fatigue is slowly going away and sleeping normal at night. No leg cramps. Very little pain. I went to the park and walked one fourth of a mile with trekking poles on a soft flat trail. Ugh...it wiped me out. PT going...
  12. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    Saw the surgeon today everything looks really good. I have been so beat so just laying in bed except for PT. My body is telling me to rest. It has only been 14 days since I've been home from the hospital. I am going to be patient the surgeon wants me to lose about 40 lb which I already know...
  13. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    I was so lazy yesterday and just stayed in bed with ice on my incision. It must have helped because I feel no pain at all today. Keeping heat on my legs. Did alot of PT today. I am receiving such awesome advice from y'all it is priceless. Magnesium is helping taking a mag3 supplement. Finally...
  14. L

    Revision THR 7 days home does it get better

    Slowly feeling better taking magnesium for leg cramps but now incision hurts. Hard and a little swollen but no oozing or bleeding. I see surgeon Thursday for two week follow up. Practiced getting in and out of car. Very good no bending easy. I was going to study today for classes but think I...
  15. L

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Yes elevating and icing throughout the day. The operated side buttocks hurt Today one week home and primarily by myself. Every day a new challenge.
Back
Top Bottom