Recent content by Laura1979

  1. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    What about water slides? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    Question... ANYONE?? I am at Knoebel's Amusement park with my family and wondering if I can go on the log flume ride? I had my surgery 3 months ago... Anyone?? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @Zelda thank you for the reply! I really hope that you are able to walk without your cane. I know that we all need to be patient, but man, sometimes it's hard!! Hang in there. I know we all are! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @Cynthia777 I would love to talk to some of the people in that thread. The one person said exactly what is going on with my right leg and how my thigh gets this horrible pain and seizes up and I feel like it's going to give out when I try to walk with the cane. I keep hoping someone who is on...
  5. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    Hey all! I saw my OS on Monday and he took another X-Ray at my request and everything looks the same. He said that my knee will always turn in because of the osteotomy that I had when I was 11 and that once my thigh gets stronger I should be able to walk without the cane. I was still very...
  6. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @Krista My knee has always turned in but it has never given me any problems. I have never had any pain and I have always been able to walk normally. That's why I'm so unsure now as to what's going on. I am worried that since he gave me some length back and a new hip that is positioned...
  7. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @Krista My knee has never been an issue at all my entire life, which is why I'm so scared now. I am going to definitely have a conversation with my OS and then regardless I am going to go see a knee specialist. That is really good advice! Thank you so much for what you said. I know that if I do...
  8. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    Question... At 8 weeks out, almost 9 weeks, am I able to stand up out of a chair with both feet flat on the ground? Or so I need to still make sure my right leg is out straight when I stand up? My right thigh is still so weak and I think a lot of it has to do with how little if any weight I am...
  9. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @Krista @Cynthia777 I am going to see the OS on August 1st so I will definitely mention it. He saw my knee before the surgery and he knows that it has always looked like that. My fear is that he didn't take that into consideration before the surgery, or he thought it wouldn't effect me, but it...
  10. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @PS46 Thank you for the words of encouragement! I stopped last night and really thought back to where I was when I started and it helped me to see how far I really have come. I guess I am just still worried that I may not be able to walk without a cane for a while and I have to go back to 20 6...
  11. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    Just looking for some advice. So I am 8 weeks out now and I have been having some pretty bad pain when I sit or move in certain ways. Of course I'm panicking and afraid that something moved or slipped, but I am hoping that maybe I just have been doing a little too much around the house and am...
  12. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @Nana757 Thank you for the advice! I had the PT adjust it a few weeks ago, so I know it's at the right height. My back is just already out of whack from walking on my toe for 30 some years. Just hoping it doesn't get worse! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @Cynthia777 I am really hoping things will settle a little, but he definitely knows that there is a LLD because mine was so extreme before that he couldn't give me all the length back when he replaced the hip. I am just really hoping I can figure this all out. My knee has also been killing me...
  14. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @pumpkin thank you for the advice! You are definitely right! I am going to speak to my PT next week about it. I had told my OS about it, but he said I needed to wait a 'while' for my hip and pelvis and what not to settle before he would give me a lift, but I ended up emailing my OS that I have...
  15. Laura1979

    THR Right THR but only 6 weeks and losing faith"

    @Cynthia777 We all made it! The kids were a big help and I didn't really need to do much. I even got in the water and it felt amazing! I was able to 'walk' for the first time in 2 months without a walker or cane! I wish I could live in water! Lol I was definitely exhausted when I got home, but...
Back
Top Bottom