It's been a while since I checked in and I have a question: should I be using ice or heat to get the swelling down?
I am 7 weeks post TKR and have 110 rom with 115 on a good day. Saw the surgeon the other day and he was very happy with my progress and wants to see me in another 6 weeks. Happy...
It's been almost two weeks since the surgery and I have been in the rehab hospital for one week and have one more week to go. Using one stick and walking without stick around the room. Using stairs like a normal person going upstairs and taking it slower going downstairs. still taking OxyContin...
I have resumed the endone and cut out the coffee and I still had the dizzyess but not as bad. So I think I will resume the coffee because tea just didn't quite do it for me. I leave here to go to the rehab hospital today and I probably won't get a cappuccino with breakfast there. I'm even...
I have resumed the endone and cut out the coffee and I still had the dizzyess but not as bad. So I think I will resume the coffee because tea just didn't quite do it for me. I leave here to go to the rehab hospital today and I probably won't get a cappuccino with breakfast there. I'm even...
After 15 years of knowing a knee replacement was my only option when i got to age 50 i decided to have my left knee replaced. I'm quite active and particularly like dinghy sailing (laser class), ocean swimming, skiing and bush walking.
The operation was done on Monday morning (29 July) and its...
The operation was done on Monday morning (29 July) and its now Thursday (1 August). I am still in hospital and moving to the rehab hospital on Saturday. So far so good. I will move to one stick tomorrow. I'm currently walking with one crutch and finding that easier to get into a rhythm than two...
Thank you for the reading matter, not as daunting as it first looked and lost of good motivating advice. It will be good to have it to re-read as well.
I'm hoping a lot of the icing, medicating etc will be managed by the hospital in the initial stages. I will spend 5 days at the hospital where I...
After 15 years of being told that my only option is a TKR and that I should wait until I'm 55, I turned 50 a few weeks ago and have decided to wait no longer. I have cut back on so many of the things I love that and it's now impacting on my family. The biggest turning point was when I stopped...
I'm scheduled to have my left knee replaced on 29 July at the Mater Hospital in Sydney Australia with Dr Matt Lyons. I am looking forward to getting back to sailing my Laser, bushwalking, ocean swimming and generally living without pain, bending my knee and walking without a limp.
Could you...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.