Recent content by landlocked

  1. landlocked

    THR Landlocked Recovery Thread

    Pain meds are still being handled by my OS. Just had my first visit post-opt, normally the OS likes to have them at 2 weeks post-opt but I was still in rehab. Changed my meds around and also said I could finally submerge the incision. We scheduled my RTHR for 9/15, does anybody think this is...
  2. landlocked

    THR Landlocked Recovery Thread

    The Dr. informed me that the insurance would not approve additional days in rehab past Wednesday. So it looks like I will be going home tomorrow. Still not sure about my PT/OT coming to the house, working on that. Also trying to figure out who will be prescribing my pain meds through all of...
  3. landlocked

    THR Landlocked Recovery Thread

    @Granny Di - We moved from SC to AL when we could no longer afford our house payments, to be closer to family for support. Since I am a boat mechanic, we lived on the coast. Now we are in Alabama far from the coast, just a few lakes within a few hours traveling distance. So I consider myself...
  4. landlocked

    THR Landlocked Recovery Thread

    PT had me walk 300ft today, worked on stairs/side stepping and lifting my legs over cones while walking. My gait seems to be getting better. Just found out over the weekend that I will not be able to leave to go to my Dr appt on Thursday. If I leave the rehab will have to discharge me. Then...
  5. landlocked

    THR Landlocked Recovery Thread

    Its about time I start my post surgery thread. Surgery went well on July 8, 2015. I now have a poly/ceramic left hip. My surgeon used the anterior approach, all the nurses say hes one of the few in my area that performs this approach. My wife was told that I went into surgery around 8:23AM...
  6. landlocked

    High Risk LTHR? Morbid Obesity

    Thank you both for your responses! Yesterday we had the seminar which wasn't that helpful and basically reviewed the pamphlet I was given at my 1st Surgeon's appointment. Did find out the following: 1) won't be decided by my surgeon until the day of surgery as to whether or not I will need...
  7. landlocked

    High Risk LTHR? Morbid Obesity

    Thought it was about time I introduce myself after lurking for so long. My LTHR has been scheduled for July 8, 2015. After reading through the posts it seems that alot of Dr's have concerns with obesity and surgery. My BMI is around 43 and at my initial consultation the Dr did not seem to be...
  8. landlocked

    2015 July Sparklers - Are you having hip surgery in July?

    :wave:Hello, My first post on the board, my LTHR was officially scheduled last week for July 8, 2015. Please add me to the July list. Look forward to getting to know you all and learning some great information about my upcoming surgery.
Back
Top Bottom