Recent content by Ladytwo

  1. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    It is there all the time, but I do think it is worse after exercise and I do sometimes think there is a bit of swelling.
  2. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    That would be a good idea—except my surgeon is now in South Africa and I am in Canada. Maybe I will go back to physio. Thanks.
  3. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    My knees seem to bend and straighten well —no pain, but I still have a tight feeling of stiffness across the front of the knee. It does seem to affect my balance and walking, maybe my hips. Does this ever go away? Is there anything I can do to alleviate it?
  4. L

    TKR Something isn’t right..

    It’s been painful for me reading about all you are going through! Triggering memories. It was rather awful for me too. Now, two and a half years later, all I feel is that tightness across the knee cap on one knee. No pain. You are coming up to four weeks, which has been labelled as a turn-around...
  5. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    Well, the snow came, sort of, and my balance was better! Still doing my Physio. My concern now is that tight feeling across my knee is no better, even worse on the right knee, and it seems to be spreading up my thigh. Doesn’t really interfere with function, but I feel it and maybe don’t walk...
  6. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    New report: still doing Physio for balance and strength and still improving. I think I can honestly say now that my knees are better than before surgery. I can go straight downstairs and up without a railing. I walk normally now and my balance is improving. Looking forward to the big test when...
  7. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    Thanks, skigirl. I'm working on that single leg balance too. It's coming, I think--slowly.
  8. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    Reporting in again at 18 months post Bilateral TKR: still learning as I go and still gradually improving. The “tight band” feeling around my knees is lessening and I feel as if I can walk more naturally now. During last winter, however, while cross-country skiing, I discovered my balance was way...
  9. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    Exactly. I guess patience and persistence are what is required.
  10. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    Well, over nine months now and still feel the “band” across my knees (right one especially) but it may be very gradually improving. What annoys me right now is that I used to walk softly, but now it seems that I clump along noisily and not with a smooth gait. How can I work on that?
  11. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    Have been icing a bit, elevating, using compression braces and taking Tylenol for just four days and have noticed an improvement. Also do physio exercises every other day instead of every day. It seems I need more patience and a longer outlook to achieve a natural stride.
  12. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    Thank you. It is very reassuring to hear that the tightness is common and the explanation makes a lot of sense. Interestingly enough, the incision on my left knee seems to have healed better than the right, so perhaps that mirrors what is happening inside. As I became more active, I got away...
  13. L

    Bilateral TKR Three years after bilateral TKR

    Hello. I am a 78 year old female who had bilateral TKR Feb. 3, 2021. I quickly gained a good range of motion and “graduated” from Physiotherapy at about six weeks. I continued doing exercises at home and walking and bike riding, both outdoors and the exercise bike. At about six months, I felt my...
Back
Top Bottom