Recent content by ladyj

  1. ladyj

    PKR New partial knee replacement done today.

    What wonderful people you all are!
  2. ladyj

    PKR New partial knee replacement done today.

    I am now, that lesson. well learned. I think I was hoping for a miracle. I keep telling myself off. I have had. a new knee and a new hip in eighteen months, and consequently had no level of fitness at the start. I am also 73 years old. I think all this is going to take more time, Just checking...
  3. ladyj

    PKR New partial knee replacement done today.

    I am at nearly six months now and have been doing much more, visiting stately homes etc. I walked about a mile, with stops, a couple of weeks ago, and since then the back of my knee has been very painful. I feel sure that nothing major is going on, but I wondered just how long these set backs...
  4. ladyj

    PKR New partial knee replacement done today.

    Rather reassured by your comments. Nice to know I am not just a wimp! I feel much more “level” than I did. I think all my joints are where they should be and I am much more stable. I remember my Granny being riddled with arthritis. We are all so lucky to have these wonderful surgeons and...
  5. ladyj

    PKR New partial knee replacement done today.

    I seem to be doing OK, although it isn’t exactly linear. I have really good days, days like yesterday when I feel I have been set in stone, and I even had one day of total exhaustion this Monday, although I had had family over for the weekend! On the whole, however, I am doing well. I can walk...
  6. ladyj

    THR Looking for a little bit of advice, feeling rather down at the the moment.

    The only advice I can give, is to get a private appointment with a surgeon that you trust and then see if they will treat you on the NHS. It does sometimes work.
  7. ladyj

    PKR New partial knee replacement done today.

    Thank you. I went into town today and walked around a little with my walking aid. Wonderful to be doing some normal things again, and no more surgery to look forward to.
  8. ladyj

    TKR PT Failure

    Now I can start walking again, and I am lighter, I am feeling very encouraged!
  9. ladyj

    TKR PT Failure

    I am interested to see that you too had loss of appetite and reflux. I have that too. It isn’t particularly pleasant, but losing 10ths in weight is!
  10. ladyj

    TKR Trying to stay positive so frustrated

    It is just a long process.In the end you can feel that you are losing touch with reality. You aren’t! It will get better, much better. I am betwixt and between. The physio said I could go into town, just for a very short walk, say, between the car park and the nearest coffee shop, if I used my...
  11. ladyj

    TKR Trying to stay positive so frustrated

    I saw my surgeon yesterday, I am seven weeks out now. I told him how tired I get, and falling asleep. He said it was completely normal. So don’t worry.
  12. ladyj

    TKR 8 weeks post TKR

    I think you are overdoing it. Stop worrying about physio. I am at 7 weeks post op. My surgeon and my physio both think I am doing splendidly. I am doing the exercises very gently and a few at a time. My knee is still a little swollen, and I am often completely exhausted. My very experienced...
  13. ladyj

    TKR PT Failure

    I am probably the world’s most unsupple person. I was always bad at PE, never picked for a team for anything, couldn’t catch and couldn’t throw! So for my knee joints to be so flexible is a real bonus. I was however as an adult a long distance trail walker so before I smashed my left knee to...
  14. ladyj

    TKR PT Failure

    I am on my second knee replacement and with both had no problems with bending my knee back fully, right from day one. Not gloating, but why is this?
  15. ladyj

    PKR New partial knee replacement done today.

    My knee bend is completely normal too. With no exercises and no effort.
Back
Top Bottom