As per your suggestion Poppet, my next post will be on the recovery side. I've been up since 05.30. I couldn't sleep. Pain in both hips kicked in big time. It's almost as though my hip knows what's coming and wanted to remind me why I'm having surgery. A timely reminder! This time tomorrow...
Thank-you for your reply Puddlefish. I can survive without body lotion etc, although I admit not using deodorant will feel a little odd. I had a very lovely Nurse arrive yesterday to take blood for type cross match(?). I'd previously had it done at Farnborough but somehow or other Orpington...
Thanks to Sean, Puddle fish and Butterfly for your reply. I've made a mental list of things I might need, but when I run through it, it appears as if I'm of on holidays! I've bought jogging bottoms and leggings in much bigger sizes than I need, which are very roomy/baggy and hope these will be...
Thank-you for your suggestions. I was wondering about underwear and joggers. I'm not sure if it's ok because of where the incision will be, although to be honest I'm have no idea where it will be exactly. Something else that has not been discussed! My Mum recently had TKR and insists that it...
Thank-you for your reply PDH63. It made me chuckle. Like you, running is a thing of the past.
In an earlier reply, I mentioned about 'running for the hills'. I should have said limp, hobble, and crawl! I'm not concerned about getting addicted to pain meds. Amongst the many potions I take each...
Thank-you Bletch for your welcome. Jaycee. I can assure I will be asking for any pain relief that's available. Can they really give me something to help calm me down before surgery? As for the cannula, I can feel it already! It really is one of my fears. Anything to do with needles makes...
Thank-you to everyone who has replied. I found the links from Bottomshollow very informative.
Sean 5033, I can hardly believe that you are back home so soon after surgery. I've read and heard that the hospital stay is very brief, but thought that applied only to Super Hero's who healed...
Thank-you for your reply and welcome. I know only too well what you mean about rest places and toilets. And you are so right about the amount of planning, even with a short trip. It takes me longer to get ready than the trips themselves! I will take your advice and ask questions. I can...
Hello.
Like many others on this site, I have been lurking for some time and decided its time to join the gang for help,support and advice. My surgery is due 11th Nov. and my emotions are all over the place. I'm scared, yet relieved. I've been told that the pain before the operation is worse...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.