Recent content by Kyrea2

  1. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    I’m am now 5 months out from TKR and the back of my calf’s skin is still darker or bruised like than my left. There is no pain when I touch the calf, just the darker color. Anyone else have this so many months past surgery? Does it go away eventually? Thanks for the advice.
  2. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    Ok, made it to week 7. Things getting better. But after I sit for any length of time, those first couple of minutes after getting up are painful! Stiffness, sore, like a car engine that doesn’t want to start on a cold morning. Then after 5 -10 minutes of movement, things loosen up and I can get...
  3. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    Thank you all for the comments and advice. Everyday is a little step closer to taking bigger steps.
  4. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    Just arrived at week 4 and thanks for all your advice. Now my PT is taking my ROM each time and of course I MUST hit the 120 mark as everyone knows that “Magical”number Doctors and PT all want. I’m not there yet, but what week do most people hit that 120 mark? Everyone is different I understand...
  5. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    Thanks for the advice. I will give Tylenol a better try, like that schedule and increase icing. Hopefully that will help. Thanks again!!
  6. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    Thanks for the advice. More ice, elevation and time. No, they don’t want to give any opioids at this time. Funny how times have changed. On my first knee, almost nine years ago, I was on hydrocodone for eight weeks. Only one per day the last four weeks, but they gave the refills when needed...
  7. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    Ok, need some advice, I’m at 3 1/2 weeks out and I’m out of OxyContin and can’t take Advil yet because I’m still on aspirin till Tuesday. Doctor does not want me on anymore opiates, so my only choice is Tylenol which looks at my knee and runs away. Doesn’t really help at all. The knee is really...
  8. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    Thanks for all your advice. I just hit week 3 today. I’ve been on Aspirin 325mg per day for 21 days now to help stop blood clots. My doctor says I need to keep taking it for another week or two. How long were most of you on a blood thinner for? I thought chance of blood clots goes way down after...
  9. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    Thanks for the advice. My first knee was June 2014. My second was Feb 1st 2023. Forgot what it was like. This thing is challenging! I had remembered I wrote on this forum, but could not remember which thread I had. Thanks for linking. I don’t like taking meds, but if they really help I will. But...
  10. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    I’m starting week three and have been on Meloxicam a few days and was wondering if it’s really needed. I luckily don’t have huge swelling and ice four times a day and elevate. Meloxicam comes with so many warnings about heart and kidney, I’m not sure if I want to stay on it. I’m at zero and 110...
  11. Kyrea2

    TKR Is Meloxicam needed?

    Two weeks out of surgery for knee 2 and today got my staples out. Also had the waterproof 14 inch bandage on it. But what I thought would bring relief, is now worry if the wound is healed enough to withstand the bending. Not confident everything will hold and not pulling in like I did before...
  12. Kyrea2

    Hamstring tendons-TIGHT!!!

    Total new knee is doing much better, but at twelve weeks out, I still have stiffness. Is it safe to use a heating blanket to warm the knee to loosen it up?
  13. Kyrea2

    Hamstring tendons-TIGHT!!!

    Today marks six weeks from my surgery and new knee. This forum has been great following others and hearing thier stories. Right now I am dealing with trying to cut down on the pain meds. Read the library notes about them and that helped. I started six weeks ago after surgery, taking ten hydros a...
  14. Kyrea2

    Hamstring tendons-TIGHT!!!

    Today I got the go ahead to start to massage my scar. What are some ideas as to what I should be rubbing into it, if anything, to help it heal? Thanks
  15. Kyrea2

    Hamstring tendons-TIGHT!!!

    Thanks. They do want to roll on me at times. I'm just getting tried of the dry skin, itching and tightness they bring. I was hoping after five weeks I would be ok without them. I should just be patient I guess. I clearly understand I need to take things slow. I have so much respect for all of...
Back
Top Bottom