Recent content by KTF

  1. KTF

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    @patient 99 Just want to jump in and let (and others) know what just worked for me and lack of flexion. I am 4 months post op and one month ago I was 120 on my Lt leg and 95-100 on my Rt. I had a terrific pain in my rt leg that would not allow me to do PT stretches. I gave up on my OS and my...
  2. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @chandler, sorry I dropped away for a while! Want to check up on the "Snap" in your leg and let you know where I am with my 'snap'. I finished my formal PT a month ago with 120 on my Lt leg and 95-100 on my Rt leg. My Rt leg had that 'snap' that felt like a knife going through my leg. My...
  3. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    Hi @Jamie , no I'm not babying this knee. In my exercises I take it to its limit on stretches, the limit being (hopefully) just before the 'snap' occurs. I will hold it there. I also use stair climbing as a way to take my knee to it discomfort level several times a day. Also cycling will...
  4. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    Tim, how caring you are!!! This site is awesome. Please tell me how it went for you with your juvenile delinquent. I've said that I'm willing to wait as long as it takes to get better ROM in my right, however, this nerve pain is frightening, it stops me. I wish someone would tell me that it...
  5. KTF

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    I really want more information on MUA's. My OS seems reluctantly willing to do it, but not after 3.5 months, so I have a month to decide. He is not a talker, so I did not get out of him what his reticence is. He believes I should just push through it. He's nutz! I don't think he...
  6. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @chandler Thanks for checking in! How lucky you are to have people willing to try things. I have not found that yet. My left leg is a champ! 122 rom, assorted aches and pains...sometimes night time on outside of knee is ugly...but otherwise, I'm good. The right knee is stopped around 96-100...
  7. KTF

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    @patient 99 I'm sorry, so sorry. Do you know what causes your delays and discomfort ? In my case, the consensus of opinions of PTs and the OS is that it is scar tissue. My X-rays are good. How are your X-rays?
  8. KTF

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    @patient 99 I responded to an old thread not knowing how to move around this forum to find current conversation. I stumbled onto this. :what: Hopefully, my note will catch up with you.
  9. KTF

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    Hi. I never quite know where to start a conversation here. I trust the moderators to move it if necessary. I want to comment on @patient 99 and her post of may 18 regarding her fears, etc. I am 12 weeks now and I relate to all that she is saying and I would love to hear how she is now, 4...
  10. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    Nice to wake up to dialogue. @chandler oh how I wish I could get on a bike. Need more rom on my right to do more than easy recumbent. With regard to the subject of swelling .... I don't think that being up and around for one hour or three hours changing the amt of swelling. I am most stiff...
  11. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @chandler , Hi! You are doing so well with your ROM! I think this is called ROM Envy! And I believe you are only about 3 weeks further along than I am. My rt leg feels stuck at about 100 or so and it is very depressing and makes it hard to enjoy the success of the left leg. Well, maybe the...
  12. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @chandler, I just saw this message. I somehow missed this whole thread and @Josephine's thoughtful answers. I'm not good at getting around in this forum. Wow Chandler, you have that same pain I do?!?! I'm in my 9th week and that pain is not changing. I just do everything I can to not...
  13. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    Oops according to my profile I've been signed up since Thursday. Stupid drugs.
  14. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @lovemynewknee? I go to Santa Rosa and I just joined this wonderful forum today! I don't know how to do a private message. Maybe someone will help?
  15. KTF

    Bilateral TKR 7wks post op

    @BigBend Thanks for the heads up on the @ symbol. Also, what do you know about sitting with legs extended? I have to admit, it doesn't feel good sitting for long periods of time with my legs extended. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night in some serious discomfort and put a...
Back
Top Bottom