The pain was unbearable but because I had a spinal block nobody believed it was as bad as I said. Finally they sent an expert from the pain clinic who discovered the machine wasn't working. No wonder I couldn't bear the pain. So I essentially had no pain meds at all for the first 12 hours after...
Less than 24 hours after op. I had a horrid time. For some reason, they didn't keep my pain meds up and in recovery I was already in pain. I don't remember such early onset of pain after my other ops. When I got up to the ward, they hooked me up to the epidural but I already had to get over pain...
Thanks so much for the information, Jockette and for your personal experience, Sara61. I will probably be in the hospital for 3 days and I don't mind wearing hospital gowns, but then if I can get into a rehab center it will be for about 2 weeks. There, I will definitely want to wear my own...
I have been away for a while. Things were going smoothly for me, well, sort-of. I had BTKR in March 2017 and after many many months of ups and downs, I was able to walk around about 1/4 as much as I did before my knee started going bad. The worst advice I ever got was the knee surgeon who told...
Hi. I am kinda scared and in great pain. In may 2017, I had bilateral knee replacement. Results were not great but I was in bad shape before surgery. Then, while preparing for stem cell transplant (diagnosed with multiple myeloma in may 2018) my Hickman port got infected and it went to my right...
Wanted to update everyone on my progress. It was a roller coaster over the past few months. Even after finally getting to a PT who understand the dynamics of TKR and the recovery from it, I had ups and downs. Then, worst of all, I suddenly got peroneal tendinitis and a painful spur on my heel. I...
I had my second PT session with my new PT two days ago. The day after I was really sick (not claiming it was related to PT - just a really bad cold) and stayed in bed all day. My legs were hurting more and now I relate that to having been sick. This morning I woke up feeling much better, and...
Something new to report: there have been lots of ups and downs since I was here last. But now there is something new: I saw my surgeon a few days ago for my 6-mo check-up. He was not pleased because my walk is so laboured and uneven and I cannot straighten my legs enough. He recommended I see a...
Yes. I had no pain at all at 6 weeks.
That was ROM at 6 weeks. The last time it was measured at 15 weeks and it was about 110-2. Not great either.
I hate icing for some reason. I hardly iced in rehab . . . they had us bring in frozen peas to use and did nothing about making sure any of the...
None at all. He said it is par for the course and just to keep going with the walking and exercises and all. . . And then gave me a prescription for strong pain meds after I had been off pain meds for a few weeks already. It seems they do not think about exhaustion or stressed tissues as an...
Sorry. Here it is:
1. I had very little pain (about a 1-2)
2. was not taking pain meds,
3. no-to-slight swelling,
4. ROM was 105-5 in both legs,
5. icing perhaps twice a day for 15 min each time,
6. elevating legs whenever I would go rest in bed - several times a day and for an hour...
I took this long to reply because I was feeling so despondent about what was going on. I stopped doing the gym exercises and just kept up with the walking (not so much) and swimming (2-3 times a week). The pain on getting up and walking remained and, as I said, even going to the toilet from bed...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.