Recent content by ksmarvin

  1. ksmarvin

    Changing password issues

    I have forgotten my original password, so I clicked on "forgot your password" and had a new one sent to my email. The temporary password works fine, but I wanted to change it to a password that I could remember. If I try to do that, I put the temporary password in and then put in the one I want...
  2. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    Oh boy, did I ever make a typo! No the tylenol med isn't 13,000! Make that 1,300mg a dose. That takes it to 3,900 a day. I have tried Tramadol...doesn't help either. I just had x-rays done on October 27th and the doc said it looks fine. He also aspirated fluid and said there is no infection...
  3. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    The 4 days of "too much activity" started October 21st. On that Tuesday, I worked 8 hours (I'm on my feet a lot at work), Wednesday I worked 8 hours, Thursday I babysat my 3 grandchildren for 9 hours (they're 5, 3, and 2 yrs old), and then Friday I worked 8 hours and then went to a retirement...
  4. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    I haven't posted on here for a VERY long time, but I need advice. I'm 10 months out from having a LTKR and still having a lot of pain. It tends to travel, but the pain is sharp in the front of my knee and the calf muscle in the inner front part of my leg. The doctor has taken x-rays and said...
  5. ksmarvin

    TKR Type of pain to be concerned about

    I'm 3 1/2 months out and still experience some of what you're talking about, but probably with lesser intensity. My sister and I compare recovery scenarios and she also experienced pain in those areas as she recovered, so it seems that what you're going through is normal. Don't be surprised if...
  6. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    That sounds like good advice. I guess I just feel guilty since my coworkers have been helping me out during my shift. I'm afraid they'll think of me as a wimp since none of them have had a replacement. Either that or I think of myself as a wimp...but dang it...it's hard!! Sent from my iPhone...
  7. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    Started back to work this week with 4 hour shifts. Geesh! It's difficult and I'm only part time. By the third hour I'm just counting the minutes until I can get home to my recliner and elevate my leg. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  8. ksmarvin

    TKR No longer waiting to garden! 3/28/14

    You must be miserable. I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you're having! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  9. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    Thank you both for your replies. I will check out the apps that you mentioned, skigirl. :) I'll also check with my doctor about the lyrica. Yes, having patience is very difficult. I'm 3 months out and feel like I should have less pain than I do. I suppose the extra activity I've been doing is...
  10. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    Here I am back with a couple of questions: Has anyone experienced jolting pain...like a muscle spasm with a very sharp pain? Seems like I'm getting these as I'm moving around more and have less pain meds available to me. Any ideas on how to cope with this? Also. I haven't had a physical...
  11. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    Hmmm...didn't have to wait until tomorrow to see what the results would be from this morning's escapades with the therapist. 40 minutes since my last post and I'm sitting here icing my knee...in a lot of pain grrr
  12. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    What's wrong with these physical terrorists? So she came out today to measure my ROM and insisted that I slide my leg back as far as possible as she measured. As a result, I'm in pain now. I've been walking so much better up until now and I'm afraid that tomorrow I'll have a set back due to this...
  13. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    Thanks for the reassurance, everyone! The physical terrorist keeps telling me that I have to push myself. I've found though, that as soon as I do, the next day is awful and I can barely do a thing. The past few days I've been doing the exercises once a day and have been able to use just the cane...
  14. ksmarvin

    TKR No longer waiting to garden! 3/28/14

    Praying for a successful surgery and recovery for you!
  15. ksmarvin

    TKR I went through with the surgery!

    Oh that's good to know. Have you been happy with the results?
Back
Top Bottom