Recent content by Kritterkiddo

  1. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    Sorry to hear about your GF's broken big toe. I wanted to mention to you that I saw a podiatrist for my toes but my hip surgeon said to use one of those hard flat healing shoes, too, so that my achilles tendon stayed healthy. Just a thought. I don't want to go against her doctor's instructions...
  2. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    Hi, I guess I expected to be healed in the first year. So you are still noticing improvement?
  3. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    One year four months & one day The warm ups, stretches + resistance exercises from PT and surgeon's recommended muscle roller stick (used verrrry gently) the sharp pain in my quad has become less & less. My core strength is returning. Must be vigilant! Peace
  4. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    I found it... a muscle roller stick. Thanks for the tip!!
  5. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    Thank you @Layla One other recommendation the surgeon said to try is some kind of nubby roller to rub over the IT band, which is my tender area, but I don't know what that device is. Does anyone else know?
  6. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    One year & almost three full months: I am thinking about this soft tissue pain and what could have caused it. I heeded all the early cautions - no leg lifts, easy PT, walking. But in April 2024, seven months after my hip surgery (which was really going great) I smushed three toes on my right...
  7. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    My surgeon reminded me today that with an anterior approach there is minimal disruption but there can be soft tissue issues, which I am having so I am to continue strengthening, stretching & massage. There is so much power and relief when I understand why I hurt. I seem to hurt less!! Peace
  8. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    To find out about this recent quadracep pain, I have made a January 2025 appointment wi the doc who has taken over my original surgeon's office. In the meantime, I am taking 400 mgs Ibuprophen then 4 hrs later taking 2 325 mgs Tylenol and it has helped.
  9. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    @mendogal My xray in Oct was perfect so soft tissue sounds like the culprit. Something may be pinched.
  10. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    One year one month twenty days Not happy. I was happy most of this time. My hip was pain free at my one year checkup. My broken toe is healed. So why am I having difficulty walking? When I step onto my left foot there is a sharp pain in that quadracep. It makes me roll over to the side. I walk...
  11. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    @mendogal I am reading that several times to grasp it and really appreciate the info!
  12. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    I have always wondered if the sedation giving during surgery can affect our memory long-term.
  13. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    @luvcats. @mendogal. That is amazing!!
  14. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    How long is one non-weight bearing wi a TKR?
  15. K

    THR Kritterkiddo's L THR recovery

    Seven months almost Patience Who knew that one toe bone, so much smaller than a hip joint, could have such a greater impact on day to day life. This must be what a TKR would be like. Preparing for my THR included staging stuff for convenience but mostly left in its own home. Like meals were...
Back
Top Bottom