Krista

Had RTHR on July 21, 2015, had a difficult "recovery" and was never able to walk without a limp and gluteal & hip pain afterwards, always needing walking aids. Could not get help from original surgeon so went for second opinion. I was diagnosed via physical exam and MARS MRI in Feb, 2016 with a tear of my gluteus medius tendon. I had tendon repair surgery and exploratory of the hip prostheses to make sure everything was fine on Oct 27, 2016. My two new surgeons did a wonderful job! I had hardly any pain afterwards.

I am now 1 ½ yrs post-op, and still have some weakness in the surgical leg, although I walk an average of 9,000 steps per day. It's much better than before the surgery, since I can balance on that leg alone now. I still use a cane when outside, but that's more due to problems with my spine.
Birthday
Feb 1, 1948 (Age: 78)
Location
Midwest
Gender
Female
Country
United States United States
State/Province/County
-
Occupation
Retired office worker, substitute teacher

Signature

Right gluteus medius/minimus tendon repair Oct 27, 2016
Right THR, July 21, 2015, antero-lateral, uncemented

Balloon kyphoplasty repair of T-11 vertebral fracture August 18, 2016
Compression fracture of T-11 vertebra July 24, 2016

My threads:
[REVISION THR] Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR
[THR] 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'
Back
Top Bottom