Recent content by krbrx

  1. K

    Bursitis post hip replacement

    I'm 7 years post total hip. Having chronic bursitus in my hip. Steroid shot did not help. Any ideas?
  2. K

    TKR Eight weeks post op extension issues

    Surgery 5/12, 17 weeks out I've declared myself healed :) !! Walking up and down steps without holding on which I haven't been able to do for at least 10 years. Riding my bicycle stronger than before the first replacement last December. I do have a question: extension in the knee done in May...
  3. K

    TKR Eight weeks post op extension issues

    Surgery date 5/12/14 I'm feeling much better since my first post. Almost no pain medication, swelling significantly reduced, walking more comfortably. My extension is still about a 4-5 degrees. I'm not real good about sitting with my knee extended fully extended and considering buying a used...
  4. K

    TKR Eight weeks post op extension issues

    Anyone have experience with workouts in the pool for improving extension? I'm 8 weeks and two days out from surgery, flexion is great >125 but extension is about a 5. For the last few days I've been attempting to avoid anything that hurts. I tried a pool workout for three days in a row and they...
  5. K

    TKR Eight weeks post op extension issues

    I've been riding a little bit, just 30 min, some very small hills. Should I continue while still swollen?
  6. K

    TKR Eight weeks post op extension issues

    I'll make the suggested adjustments. Don't have PT till next Monday I'll cancel the next two sessions. If I see improvement I'll do as suggested and stop completely. The good side effect of that is that I'm in my deductible and each session is costing me about $70. I've found a way to elevate at...
  7. K

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    I had my left knee done in December and then my left done in May. 100% different when it came to the use of the cpm machine. My left did not like it at all but no issues with the right. In the end the left recovered faster. My point is like they say all over this forum "if it hurts don't do it"...
  8. K

    TKR Eight weeks post op extension issues

    I will take your advice and down size the PT and activity. Tips on elevation and icing were helpful. PT Light bicycle 10min warm up "minisquats" 2 sets of 30 Leg flexion hold 10 seconds x15 Hip rises (stand and raise one hip and then the other) 20x2 each side Leg extention with 5 lb weight...
  9. K

    TKR Eight weeks post op extension issues

    My pain is zero at rest. Walking short distances 4, longer 6 I'm taking Hydrocodone 10mg APAP 325 normally about 3 day. Ice my knee after walking and after short bicycle rides and after PT. I'm not able to elevate my knee at work keep it elevated 80% of the time while at home. My flexion is...
  10. K

    TKR Eight weeks post op extension issues

    Doing extension exercizes about 5x/day mostly lying on a table with 5 lb weight hanging from my leg. When I do any walking need meds mostly hydrocodone apap 10mg/325. Knee is swollen. PT suggested that manipulation might be needed. What does that entail?
  11. K

    TKR Eight weeks post op extension issues

    I'M eight weeks post op and my extension is still -6 in spite of agressive PT. I have very limited walking tolerence with significant pain after walking more than 50 yards. At what point will I need manipulation under anesthesia?
Back
Top Bottom