Recent content by Kperform

  1. Kperform

    TKR Both Knees Replaced and Back to Basketball!

    Wow! I am inspired. I am 56 years old and played my last basketball game two years ago. I had my knee replaced 4 weeks ago and prior to my knee replacement I had a total of 12 knee surgeries between both knees. All stemming from my refusal to give up basketball. I love the sport and it has...
  2. Kperform

    TKR Keith’s Recovery<

    Hi @dmichael21! I appreciate you reaching out to me. Congratulations on making it to week number 3. It definitely sounds like we have a bunch in common including not trying to burden anyone else in the household. I have found my hiding places in my home too. Lol! I was checking your...
  3. Kperform

    TKR Keith’s Recovery<

    Hi @HoneyB! Thank you for your feedback. You make some excellent points. I do find it difficult not to compare myself with others especially when I have a set back. I have that Type A personality as well. Right now my knee swells up very easily. Last weeks PT session seemed to trigger it and I...
  4. Kperform

    TKR Keith’s Recovery<

    7. I have done very little with housework, cooking, cleaning, etc. I live at home with my family and they have been doing the chores etc. 8. I did include a list of my home exercises. Please see above list. I do them 2 sessions per day. 3 sets of 10 repetitions for all of the listed exercises...
  5. Kperform

    TKR Keith’s Recovery<

    1.Right now around a 5 2. what pain medications have you been prescribed: Oxycodone 5mg 1-2 tab 4-6 hrs Tramadol 50 mg 1-2 tab 4-6 hours Skellexin 800mg 1 tab every 8 hours Gabapentin 100mg 1-2 capsules every 12 hours 3. sswelling: Moderate 4. Flexion is around 70. Not sure about...
  6. Kperform

    TKR Larry’s LTKR Recovery

    Congratulations on going back to work! That’s awesome. It sounds like your recovery has been going very well. I will be watching your recovery process. This Tuesday is the start of week three for myself and right now I am trying to figure things out in regard to physical therapy and not pushing...
  7. Kperform

    TKR Grandma Chris gets a new knee!

    It sounds like your recovery is going well! Keep up the great work
  8. Kperform

    TKR Keith’s Recovery<

    Hi @Josephine! Sure. Ask away. Thank you!
  9. Kperform

    TKR Keith’s Recovery<

    Thank you @Spex10 for sharing. I appreciate your feedback! Thank you @Larryhg3 for sharing. Like yourself I have been all about working hard through past knee surgeries. No matter how prepared I thought I was for this knee replacement surgery I certainly was not prepared. Very difficult both...
  10. Kperform

    TKR Keith’s Recovery<

    Thank you @Breadman! I hope your recovery is going well. I found the first 12 days to be extremely tough especially when the nerve block wore off which I think was day 2. Loys of pain in my knee/leg and no sleep. I agree that this group is an awesome resource. I found just reading people’s posts...
  11. Kperform

    TKR Keith’s Recovery<

    Thank you for responding to my post @ebungalow. I hope you are correct and this is just a small bump in the road! I see my surgeon next week for my first post surgery follow up. How is your recovery going? I am very happy to have found this forum. When I was exploring the form last week I found...
  12. Kperform

    TKR Keith’s Recovery<

    Hello Bonesmart Knee Replacement Community! I had a right total knee replacement on December 11. So I am a little over 2 weeks post op. Prior to my knee replacement I had 9 surgeries on my right knee starting with an ACL reconstruction back in the late 80’s and 3 surgeries on my left knee. To...
Back
Top Bottom