Recent content by KnockNeed

  1. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    I have a Physiatrist for my back and he ultimately referred me to neurosurgeon for micro decompression. I have an appointment with my PCP next week and will ask her what she thinks and proceed from there. I hesitate to get too many cooks in the kitchen and hate going to appointments. My...
  2. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    LTKR 14 mos ago - pain and stiffness persists. Two+ weeks ago Left L5/S1 micro decompression as body mechanics changed as valgus knee straightened compressing L5 nerve. Now Calcaneal tuberosity Avulsion fracture On Left foot and I am in a cam walking boot. Seems all related to me. And since I...
  3. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    My LTKR over a year ago - recovery affected by back issues and pain radiating from back to foot. Finally going to have micro dissection L5/S1. Extremely nervous, but nothing has worked. Ortho and Neuro say mechanical change affected existing lumbar spondylylosis, degenerated disk and...
  4. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    @benne68 it sounds like we are in the same boat. I hate wishing time away, but I keep hearing that the knee can take a year. So many folks have it worse, but this is my journey and right now I am tired of the pain and having to be conscious of it all the time. Thanks for sharing your experience...
  5. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    Thank you benne68! How many treatments before you knew it would help and gave relief? I am traveling to a destination wedding mid-October and want to be as good as I can be for myself and so others do not feel impacted. A bit concerned about long airplane sitting. I also have another epidural...
  6. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    Thanks Jaycee for info and merge. I could not decide how I was supposed to do it…now I know.
  7. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    I have an acupuncture appointment on October 1 and am still uncertain if it is the right thing to do. I am trying to address sciatica and knee pain. My Left TKR was on Apr 2, 2021 and frankly I can’t always tell you whether the pain comes from my back or knee or both. PT, Physiatrist and Massage...
  8. KnockNeed

    TKR 5 1/2 months and still in pain

    Feeling your pain! I am 6 months out of surgery and still have pain. I still use my ice machine all night long. Since I have sciatica they think caused by the change in my leg length/gait, I am on gabapentin and it does have some utility for the knee pain. Also using massage therapy and have...
  9. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    TKR/Left Knee April 2, 2021
  10. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    WOW! Lots of info to get through but very encouraging. I am not very patient and want to be fully recovered immediately. I work at it every day! Thank you!
  11. KnockNeed

    TKR Second Opinion Question.

    I am 4.5 months post surgery and dealing with challenges to regain flexion. Mainly sciatica and a congenital hip issue. So yesterday I decide I will push the flexion as hard as I might. (I am about 110-115) Now, behind my knee, upper calf really hurts and is worse bearing weight. Knee also burns...
Back
Top Bottom