Recent content by Knitmama

  1. Knitmama

    TKR pheobie's recovery thread

    Ice, elevate and rest...the things that help the best.
  2. Knitmama

    Bilateral TKR Hot knees - 2 month update

    Rehab for both knees is no joke. I did surgeries one week apart. At seven and six weeks, cramping has gone away and movement is much better. When I did have issues with my legs, hip or back I found that changing positions frequently helped. Changing chairs, elevating or taking elevation away...
  3. Knitmama

    TKR x2 Knitmama's Recovery Journey

    Met my PT. Very good experience. Our philosophy matches and I believe it will be a good working relationship. He was pleased with my progress thus far, told me as well as I was moving it was hard to believe I had both knees done in February. I told him that I am experiencing a pain behind my...
  4. Knitmama

    TKR x2 Knitmama's Recovery Journey

    First photo is left knee six weeks post op. Second is right knee five weeks post op.
  5. Knitmama

    TKR x2 Knitmama's Recovery Journey

    Today marks 6 weeks since my left TKR and 5 weeks since the right. Tomorrow will be my last visit with home health PT. I have to say I will be sad to see her go. She has been wonderful. She encourages proper icing and elevation. We have done gentle stretching, nothing painful. She never pushes...
  6. Knitmama

    TKR x2 Knitmama's Recovery Journey

    Beautiful day here in North Texas, 69 degrees and sunny...20 degrees celsius for those of you not in the US. I got out and went for two very slow walks with my walker, morning and again mid afternoon. So wonderful to be outside, feel the sunshine and hear the birds. Did wonders for my emotional...
  7. Knitmama

    TKR x2 Knitmama's Recovery Journey

    Was able to sleep two hours in bed, got up to go to the bathroom, tried the bed again and laid there for 45 minutes. Decided since sleep was eluding me to get up and ice. The ice machine has been a true lifesaver. It has really helped me manage my pain. If I could just figure out how to keep the...
  8. Knitmama

    TKR x2 Knitmama's Recovery Journey

    As an educator, I have a contract for 197 days per year and I am paid for those days. Once I have used any accumulated sick leave, in my case six weeks, then I am responsible for repaying the district for any days I use above my sick leave. Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay for the extra...
  9. Knitmama

    TKR x2 Knitmama's Recovery Journey

    I agree and would like to be off longer, but I am an educator and will have used all my reserve sick leave. I am no longer in the classroom and so my supervisor will allow me to work partial days, conducting my meetings, serving students and then I will be able to go home and complete my paperwork.
  10. Knitmama

    TKR x2 Knitmama's Recovery Journey

    So much good information in the attachments. Thank you. I read through those last night as well as puttering about individual threads. While each of us have different journeys it is reassuring to see so many commonalities! Having the bilateral replacements, I have searched for information on...
  11. Knitmama

    TKR x2 Knitmama's Recovery Journey

    Hello. New to this forum, just found it today as I was searching for information to help me in the recovery process. I had bilateral TKR one week apart. Left knee on 2/13 and right on 2/20. I am still receiving home health PT. She is pleased with my progress...of course, I want to be done two...
  12. Knitmama

    Welcome to the February Valentines' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Please add me to the list. LTKR 2/13/19 RTKR 2/20/2019
Back
Top Bottom