Recent content by knees

  1. knees

    Knee pain after 2 years

    Thanks so much for your replies! I will ice my knee and start Tylenol. Hopefully it will heal up soon :)
  2. knees

    Knee pain after 2 years

    Hi friends I'm back :) I've had 2 knee replacements. The first one was 2 years ago. The 2 yr old knee was doing great up till the last 2 weeks. I started having sharp stabbing pain under the knee with certain movements. On Josephine's chart it looks like LF3 D. It is a little tender to touch...
  3. knees

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    Hi ponyannie! You are doing great! I had my tkr July 7th and my rom is just 91. My last tkr in oct was slow with rom too but it comes eventually :) @tiredwife hi there! I'm doing ok. I actually had a uti also and just finished cipro. I think I was in such bad shape for years that it's taking a...
  4. knees

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    It's not a sharp pain more like a deep aching and as soon as I sit it goes away
  5. knees

    TKR Never Ending Infection

    Praying for you!
  6. knees

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    Hi all! I have a question. My ltkr was done 9 months ago and it is still painful if I'm standing. I can walk and I'm fine otherwise. I'm hoping it's because my leg muscles are weak since I can work on that. Does it bother anyone else to stand for more than 5 minutes? Thanks :)
  7. knees

    TKR Post Op Blues at 5 weeks from surgery

    Hi fineart, I'm also 5 weeks out from my right knee replacement. I feel very anxious too and just don't feel well. I think my knee is doing good but my body is just whacked out. I'm sad anxious and so fatigued. I think it has to do with the trauma and also the pain meds. I'm trying to wean...
  8. knees

    TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

    Hi @tiredwife probably not, I need to work on that for sure. I do eat eggs in the morning but after that its yogurt, cereal and krackers. My stomach just doesn't feel right. Maybe that's why I'm so weak. Thanks for the advice :)
  9. knees

    TKR Madinana Made it to knee #2

    Wow your incision and rom are great!!! I had my tkr a couple days before you and my incision looks nothing line yours. And my rom is at the most 90. I have no stamina. I get up to do any housework and within 10 minutes I need to lay down :( I think you are doing awesome :)
  10. knees

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    Yes I'm thankful for Josephine and this forum! Just makes me sad that a professional could do something so dangerous. I will never trust them again. I don't even want to go back. This is same pt I had with my first tkr. They have always been aggressive and I've always felt I had to obey. Not...
  11. knees

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    Thank you Josephine you have calmed me down. Thank you.
  12. knees

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    I just saw the last part of Josephine's reply. I'm so scared. Would I know if this caused a problem right away? I'm so scared. Ok I am praying over my incision and I am trusting God to protect me. I can't handle this without God. I'm just a crying mess
  13. knees

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    She put gloves on first then she took some cream from a jar. She did the massage then wiped my incision with alcohol. I'm mad at myself because I knew better and I should have said no. I told her it worried me but when she said its fine I went along with it. :(
  14. knees

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    Gosh that's what I thought too :( I would think she would know that. Upsets me. I hope it's ok. I won't let her do it again.
  15. knees

    Second one done :) whew!!!

    Thanks for your comments everybody :) I really just don't know how to tell if my incision is totally closed. I would think the pt would know but still worried about her massaging it at only 2 weeks. Here is a pic of my incision 2 weeks post op. @tiredwife do you remember how many weeks post op...
Back
Top Bottom