Recent content by kneefromhell

  1. kneefromhell

    TKR It wasn't me, it was my knee !! Surgery 2/10/13

    Wow Jasper! I think I am your twin over here in the US! I had revision surgery at the end of September. I just finished PT (insurance cut me off at 20 visits). I just went to my OS on Wednesday and he was pleased that I was at 85 degrees - and thinks I may get more in time. I too am...
  2. kneefromhell

    TKR Knee from hell

    This is a picture of my knee - 1 week after surgery. :yikes: The blisters seem to be getting smaller but my knee looks more black and blue every day. I am loving that my leg is straight enough to put my foot flat on the ground. Pain hasn't been that bad and I am taking Percocet throughout the...
  3. kneefromhell

    TKR Knee from hell

    Hi everyone! It's been three days since surgery. I thought I'd check in and share my experience so far. The day started at hospital #1 for radiation therapy. It was uneventful and quick. Hopefully this treatment will slow down the growth of scar tissue. Then we headed to hospital #2 for the...
  4. kneefromhell

    Good Replacement Stories

    Hi Robyn! I am 45 also! As you can see from my list below, I've been dealing with my knee for the last 5 years! I have to agree, people that have sucessful surgeries tend to move on and don't hang around this site! They are out doing the things we are dreaming about (walking!) I am scheduled...
  5. kneefromhell

    TKR Knee from hell

    :headbang: The saga continues! Surgery for my revision is now scheduled for 9/26/13. I will be having it done with the OS that did the total last December (it hasn't even been a year). His plan - to replace all the parts, clean out the scar adhesions, use radiation to slow the growth of scar...
  6. kneefromhell

    TKR LTKR done, now a well remembered journey!!

    Hi Meg, Were you tested for a nickel allergy before the TKRs? Since it is only on one knee & it seems that your right one is fine, I don't think that is the problem. I have a severe nickel allergy and the OS knew that before had - mine is titanium. It may be worth asking if they are the same...
  7. kneefromhell

    TKR Knee from hell

    Can I just say, you guys are the best! I appreciate all the encouragement & guidance! No, he never mentioned CRPS. I have an appointment at the end of August with the original OS to review what Mayo has said. I won't be able to have any surgery until after the school year is over in June. I...
  8. kneefromhell

    TKR Knee from hell

    Hi, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I just returned from my trip to Minnesota to meet with an OS there for a second opinion. What a well oiled machine that place is - absolutely amazing and beautiful too. Everyone there was so nice. Unfortunately I did not get the best news :( I...
  9. kneefromhell

    Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

    Hi Gazelle, Glad you are on the road to recovery! The medical bills are unbelievable to see, aren't they! What an amazing vacation we could have had - but hopefully the new knees are worth it! I am probably about where you are with the bills - about $5000 - but mine was only 1 knee & I am not...
  10. kneefromhell

    TKR Knee from hell

    Hi Heidi - thanks for your reply. Yes, RA is new to me. I was taking Plaquenil before my knee replacement and it was working well. Since then, though, it has not worked. I have an appointment next Friday to discuss what will be next. There is just sooo much going on! - that is what I'm...
  11. kneefromhell

    TKR Knee from hell

    Thank you Dawn! I am hoping for answers too! It's nice to know I can come here and "vent" when I need too! I love reading all the success stories & hopefully can share mine soon! Have a wonderful day!! Eileen
  12. kneefromhell

    TKR Knee from hell

    Hello! I just thought I'd check in - it's been a while. My ortho (who I thought was the best) says he needs a second opinion & does not want to do another surgery on my knee. It seems that with every surgery I've had, the pain and progress of my knee has gotten worse.:cry: I have an...
  13. kneefromhell

    TKR I am now a Post Op BoneSmartie!

    Welcome to the other side! :yay: As everyone has said - don't let them force your knee. It's not worth it & will just make your progress so much slower - take it from someone who was afraid to say no at first! Be sure to take your meds as scheduled (not when the pain gets too bad), and be...
  14. kneefromhell

    TKR recovery starts 21 May '13

    Joe, I was so excited to see that Installment 3 has been released! Your stories are so entertaining! You make having a knee replacement sound like it was a day in the park! (I wish! :beg: !) I am so glad you are doing well and that your pain is manageable! Your SWMBO is very lucky to have...
  15. kneefromhell

    TKR Hello from the UK!

    Hi Nancy, I have thought about the fact that I too am young and have already had a revision - going from a partial to a total (see my avatar pic). I hope in the next 15-20 years that they come up with some amazing advances in this area! I am not sure what I will do as I will only be 60 or so...
Back
Top Bottom