Recent content by Kneefriend

  1. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Thank you so much everyone. 4 days out from surgery and I am feeling very good. I have been for a short walk yesterday and today and just feel post op soreness, no more severe nerve pain. I am so thankful. I continue to appreciate all of your support :loveshwr:
  2. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Thank you Slainte. Yes, I am fortunate and very grateful for the skill and support of my surgeon. I went for a short walk today and am looking forward to a chilled weekend. You too have a great weekend.
  3. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Than you Celle. The surgeon said it is very unusual fortunately, and he has developed a successful way of treating it thankfully. So, onwards and upwards now. :SUNsmile:
  4. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Hi Everyone... I have had the nerve decompression done on Tuesday evening, home yesterday and a new woman !! :yahoo:I have no more excruciating nerve pain and I am happy. The result was immediate and such a relief. The surgeon released the nerve from some adhesions and generally cleared all...
  5. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Thank you very much, Newlybionic. I appreciate that. How are you feeling now ? And how is your recovery going ?
  6. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Thank you Celle :flwrysmile:
  7. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    I have been booked on next Tuesday, 17th November for the nerve decompression. It will be an overnight stay and then continued gradual recovery. So, my stomach is doing somersaults already and I am nervous but will be so pleased to be rid of this awful pain. Watch this space...
  8. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Thank you Scheherazade. I appreciate the support. I must admit I am a mixture of relieved and apprehensive. The TKR has gone so very well, it is a real shame to have to go through this, but I cannot live with the amount of pain. I am sure everything will be alright afterwards. The surgeon was...
  9. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Hi Everyone, I have just returned from seeing the surgeon and from his thorough examination of me and taking detailed history and notes, he knows that it is a compressed nerve that I have and he is going to release this asap, possibly next week. It does make sense to me and I am alright now...
  10. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Thank you for that newlybionic. I have also been given exercises to stretch the nerve which seem to aggravate the pain but I persevere in the hope that they will help in the long run. The only real relief I get is when my leg is straight out and not moving. Thank you for your support...
  11. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    I believe it is the surgeon who may have mentioned scar tissue but he will examine me thoroughly tomorrow. Do you think it is worth asking for xrays or a MRI scan ? The physio feels it is a nerve problem but hasn't mentioned scar tissue. My gut feeing is that it is a bit early for scar tissue...
  12. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Hi Everyone. SO, I have an urgent appointment with my surgeon on Monday as it looks like I have trapped nerves possibly due to scar tissue. I am 11 weeks post right TKR. I believe his intention is to surgically release the nerve(s) and I should be ok. Has anyone else experienced this and can...
  13. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Hi Celle, Thank you for that. You are quite right about the amount of pain and I have been taking more of other painkillers from today actually. I am stopping the tramadol only because they were the least effective of what I was taking and I was scared about coming off them anyway. I am taking...
  14. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Hi Celle. The tramadol withdrawal is continuing gradually and I am getting there :) the side effects are minimal most of the time. The issue that is causing me most problems is the lateral pain that I am experiencing. I have anther appointment with my surgeon on November 23rd. This new pain is...
  15. K

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Hi, I am pleased to say that I am now down to 2 or 3 tramadol each day and the withdrawal symptoms are bearable most of the time. I am using other drugs to control the pain so am feeling s bit more in control at the moment. I do still feel that people should be made aware of the potential, very...
Back
Top Bottom