Recent content by kizzie

  1. kizzie

    Bilateral TKR Post Op recovery day #6

    In my country physio is a must, but after ending up in tears again at the hospital, just like I did with my first knee I decided I wasn't going and would let nature take it's course based on what I read here. And it was so much smoother and quicker this time, I think because I wasn't causing...
  2. kizzie

    Bilateral TKR Post Op recovery day #6

    There's nothing like getting stuck on the toilet to remind you who or rather what is in charge right now (your knees)! I think you're doing great if you're already here posting. I don't know if I could have put together a coherent post 3 days after surgery :) I'm about 6 weeks out from my...
  3. kizzie

    TKR Ongoing Scar Sensitivity

    SusieShoes - I was having a particularly senstive night the other night (or rather my old scar was, so I tried the Clingwrap idea and it helped a lot so tks. It's odd how some days the scar is more sensitive than others but that's what I find, in particular after a long day or when I don't feel...
  4. kizzie

    TKR Ongoing Scar Sensitivity

    SusieShoes - Thank you for the advice, I have started massaging the left scar, the right one is not quite ready. Hopefully it will help, it's such a weird feeling when something like bedsheets brush against it. Pants are OK once I have them on, but if I can get to the point where it isn't...
  5. kizzie

    TKR Ongoing Scar Sensitivity

    :thankyou:
  6. kizzie

    TKR Ongoing Scar Sensitivity

    I had a TKR of my left knee Jul 13, 2016 and still have sensitivity along the upper half of the scar. It bothers me when something brushes across it - kind of a creepy feeling, a bit like a sunburn. I asked my surgeon at my last checkup for my RTKR (Dec 4th) about it and he recommended...
  7. kizzie

    TKR Ongoing Scar Sensitivity

    I just had a check-in with my surgeon (end of 5th week) and all is going great. I have his go ahead to drive now which is terrific as I really missed my independence. (It was such a banner day when I could finally put my own socks on lol.) I am also walking without a cane although have to...
  8. kizzie

    Welcome to the December SuperNovas' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    Hi - Another late addition to the club. Can you plse add me as well? Tks!
  9. kizzie

    TKR Ongoing Scar Sensitivity

    Hi all - tks for your responses :). Jaycey I just had my right knee replaced on Dec 4th, left was Jul 13, 2016. Tks for inserting them, I'm still finding my way around the forum :). I found Bonesmart thru a friend when I was a long ways into recovery with my first knee and so wished I had...
  10. kizzie

    TKR Ongoing Scar Sensitivity

    l just had my second TKR on Dec 4th 2017 and am doing so much better than my first one which I had on Jul 13, 2016. I can walk on my own around the house, but use a walker when out mainly because it's snowy/icy and I'm afraid of slipping. I credit my quicker and easier recovery with taking pain...
Back
Top Bottom