Recent content by kfisher119

  1. K

    THR 2week THR sudden sharp pains.

    I’m just two weeks out from my second THR. In the months before surgery I had a lot of issues with stabbing groin pain. I feel like my recovery is going very well (Compared to last time) but the tightness and discomfort in my inner thigh is still significant if I do much. My PT recommends that I...
  2. K

    THR 5 hours post op

    Day 9 Yesterday I was up a bit more and traded my walker for a cane. I felt I got around with the cane just fine. We took a short drive and visited with some friends for about 90 minutes. It was great to be out. It had a restless night my whole lower body felt achy and fatigued. I woke up that...
  3. K

    THR Hip 1 10/27, Hip 2 12/9 - bit nervous

    I just saw that you are having your second hip surgery done today. Wishing you all the best for a smooth transition home and recovery.
  4. K

    THR 5 hours post op

    One week ago right now I was waking up from surgery with the new hip. Today I really seem to feel the post surgical listlessness setting in. I really have nothing to complain about, I have low grade aches and pains, but my exercises are going well and and I have no trouble getting around on my...
  5. K

    THR Educate yourself

    Mick, I tried to wait for my first THR. What changed my mind is the surgeon looked me straight in the eye and asked if I was satisfied with my quality of life because it wasn’t going to improve without surgery. I had tried everything. PT, deep tissue work, intra articular injection (A nightmare)...
  6. K

    THR 5 hours post op

    Day 6 I had my first in home PT yesterday. She was very happy with my current status and made no changes in my exercises except to say the hospital had asked me to do them too many times a day. I had already adjusted and not done them as frequently as they recommended. But this morning I was...
  7. K

    THR 5 hours post op

    Today was day 3 post op. This has been a much easier experience compared to my earlier THR. I don’t know if it was a difference in the doctor or the approach (1st time lateral, this time posterior) but I’m able to stay comfortable without knocking myself out with drugs and I’m getting around...
  8. K

    THR 5 hours post op

    I am home and had a good night in a recliner. Getting in and out of bed with a leg lifter is rough but I keep my walker next to the chair and was able to get up and go to the bathroom at night without waking anyone. Keeping track if the meds is a job in itself, I started a note on my ipad since...
  9. K

    THR 5 hours post op

    Thank you for the well wishes everyone. I arrived home about an hour ago and am settled in my room. Last night was a little dicey as the meds seemed to depress my respiration to the point that my o2 would drop triggering the alarm. I needed the meds. Once the spinal wore off i had a deep bone...
  10. K

    THR 5 hours post op

    My THR was first thing this morning, 7 AM. I felt amazingly good for a few hours and have been up for my first walk. Now the spinal has worn off and the ache deep in my joint is getting rough. Tramadol didn’t help so they just upped me to oxycodone. Not complaining, just venting. This is my...
  11. K

    THR Ready to go. Surgery tomorrow AM

    I got my call, I report at 5:30 am and have the first procedure of the day. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious but I’m so ready to be on the other side of this. Hope I can get a little sleep. I’ll check in as soon as I can. Katherine
  12. K

    THR Left THR on 12/2 advice on prepping home

    Jaycee, what a great suggestion! We have lounger cushions for outdoors. That should be very helpful. Katherine
  13. K

    THR Left THR on 12/2 advice on prepping home

    This is my 2nd thr and I’m mostly ready. My last surgery was lateral and there was no fuss made over the 90° recommendation. This replacement will be the posterior approach. Most of our furniture is low. I‘m starting to worry about where I’ll be able to sit. Putting furniture up on palettes is...
  14. K

    THR Returning for 2nd THR 12/2/22

    Jaycey Left THR scheduled for 12/2/22. katherine
  15. K

    THR Returning for 2nd THR 12/2/22

    The first time I was scared to death. This time I can hardly wait! My recovery from the first surgery (Right THR - 9/19) was very slow. It was a lateral and it was months before I could sleep comfortably in bed. I think there was more going on with muscle compensation etc than I realized and I...
Back
Top Bottom