Recent content by KentOldster

  1. K

    THR UK Recovery

    What has really struck me is the progress :- from "This will never be right ever again" to "What hip replacement?" There were without doubt darker times at the start, and occasional setbacks, but for those just starting on the journey - it does improve! Listent to the medical teams, listen...
  2. K

    THR UK Recovery

    Long time since last update and delighted to say that the hip is behaving as it should, and I am still amazed at the difference and my good fortune (so far!) On the other bit of "fun" -I can now say with no doubt that I do not like biopsies :) It turns out to be a "good news/bad news" story...
  3. K

    THR UK Recovery

    "enjoy" the biopsy had me laughing, thank you! My consultant did say that it only takes 10 minutes, and is guided by an ultrasound probe. My mistake was asking how...... my eyes still water thinking about the "enjoy" to come :) The words "elegant" or "dignified" disappeared from the time i...
  4. K

    THR UK Recovery

    Layla, thank you, it feels a long time since I limped into surgery and walked (aided) out! I have to remind myself that it is only 3 months into a longer journey, and as others have rightly said, it is not a linear path. Surgeon did a 6 week check over the phone and expressed he was very happy...
  5. K

    THR UK Recovery

    26 days from "ground zero" and walking "carefully" unaided and only some relatively very mild aches from the operated leg and a little lower back pain which I put down to realinging my gait and getting used to being "fixed" . Some leg swelling still, but it eases with elevation and rest. All...
  6. K

    THR UK Recovery

    16 days post op and the end of 2025! Dressing removed at day 14 with no drama. The hip in general feels fairly fine though still some operated leg swelling (elevating a lot, which helps). To my surprise, I can walk about including up and down stairs unaided (though i am being hyper cautious)...
  7. K

    THR UK Recovery

    Thank you for the sound advice! Definitely reading up far more and my crutches are my friends and my insurance. "Roller coaster" is a very apt description!
  8. K

    THR UK Recovery

    Seasonal Greetings to all! Background and story so far - Age 71, male, minimaly invasive total right hip replacement (posterior) on 15th December. Discharged 16th December. 1 week (and a day) in to the journey - hip is behaving and doing physio mandated exercises with determination - some...
Back
Top Bottom