Recent content by kenneth67

  1. K

    THR Still struggling

    This sounds a bit ominous but thank you, Josephine. I asked about a pain doctor referral but the PA said no, not yet. I have wondered about the femoral nerve myself. Thank you.
  2. K

    THR Still struggling

    Yes, this is really my area of pain. The nexus of most of it seems to be at CL5F, then radiating down into thigh and out to trochanter-area. Back in late September, the CL5F pain finally seemed to be gone and I thought I was home free. Then, in early October it came back, and has gotten worse...
  3. K

    THR Still struggling

    CL5F AL3B DL5F, 6F EL4F, 5F, 6F FL4F, 5F, 6F GL4F, 5F, 6F HL4F, 5F Thank you.
  4. K

    THR Still struggling

    Thank you, Sharon and Josephine for your replies. Sitting seems to aggravate the pain, as does prolonged standing and, or bending over. The most strenuous thing I've done is just to walk on the beach a few times. No gym, PT, etc. The pain comes in several forns: 1) sharp and stabbing in the...
  5. K

    THR Still struggling

    I thought my pain was nearly gone in late September. But then, about a month ago, it started coming back and has gotten progressively worse. It is now as intense as it was a month after surgery - except that my surgery was 5 1/2 months ago! Any ideas why my pain has come back? It's killing me. I...
  6. K

    THR Still struggling

    I made it through my first full week of work. Very painful at times and couldn't have done it without ice and oxycodone. Next week will be week 10 of my recovery. Sure wish I was making more progress. I'm just about dead by the time I get home from work.
  7. K

    THR Still struggling

    Thanks, wcgirl, lalo, Granny Di, and Suzette! I appreciate your encouraging and helpful posts!
  8. K

    THR Still struggling

    My question is: can I do my new hip any permanent damage by working at a desk (I'm 8 weeks post surgery), even though its really going to be painful?
  9. K

    THR Still struggling

    So I have to be back to work full time Monday. Mostly at a desk and even sitting in a recliner hurts. I'll do as much icing and changing of positions as I can, but even with pain meds, its going to be a killer. My question is:
  10. K

    THR Still struggling

    Gosh, thanks a million, donor. I really thought I was all alone (the pain and lack of progress has been messing with my head big time, I guess). Thank you for taking the time to let me know you've been through something similar. I'm glad you've improved over the past month and wish you a...
  11. K

    THR Still struggling

    Thank you, Jaycey and nochoice and everyone, these last few posts were really helpful. Before surgery, my surgeon said I would be back to work in 3 weeks and 90% recovered in 6 weeks, so I've been desperately wondering what was wrong with me that I did not seem to be progressing anywhere near...
  12. K

    THR Still struggling

    I did have PT post-op, but the surgeon told me he felt they were being too aggressive and to take a break from PT. All along, sitting has made the pain (especially in the inguinal area) the worst. I work at a desk, so not being able to sit is a problem. And I'm tired: I haven't been able to...
  13. K

    THR Still struggling

    I had my left hip replaced with posterior approach. Surgeon says 7 weeks out the X-rays look great. But I still have bad pain, centered in the inguinal area and sometimes down the inside of my thigh. I take ibuprofen and Tylenol, which doesn't help much. Sometimes tramadol too, which also...
  14. K

    THR Still struggling

    I had total hip replacement May 26. Still in pain and unable to work. I'm losing hope. Will this ever get better?
Back
Top Bottom