Recent content by Kempkemp

  1. K

    Checking in and have a few questions

    I haven't checked in for a few weeks and wanted to give you all an update. My husband is healing well and the scaring is minimal. His pain in very tolerable and is only a problem if he has done to much that day. His major complaints now are length issues, and the fact that the other hip is...
  2. K

    Checking in and have a few questions

    Well my husband has made it to the other side!!! Surgery was a success and he has already stood a couple of times. Pain is definitely a factor but is being managed! Thanks for all the support!
  3. K

    Pre op is complete!

    @hippiechick Thank you so much for the prayers! They are greatly appreciated! I will continue to check in on you and your progress. Your just a few short months away from your procedure also. Keep your chin up!
  4. K

    Pre op is complete!

    @Poppet Thank you for the info. I will check it out!
  5. K

    Pre op is complete!

    @younghippie I dont mind sharing at all! We are near the Athens area, and will use Athens Regional Hospital. The surgeons name is Dr. John Robert Manfredi. He is the top surgeon on hip replacements in the state of Georgia. He comes very highly recommended. Thank you all for your advice. I...
  6. K

    Pre op is complete!

    I went with my husband for his THR pre op appointment yesterday. We are getting closer and the nerves for both of us are starting to show thier angry heads. I know that this is the right choice, just hate that he has to do this at such a young age (30). Looking forward to getting our active...
  7. K

    Valentines Day hip!

    Hi guys! I have been reading and following all the posts lately, but wanted to make this official. I am actually the spouse of a soon to be new hippie. My husband has AVN and will recieve a new hip on Valentines day. Great gift dont you think? Actually, i dont think I could give him anything he...
  8. K

    THR Okay so it's over! 12/17/13

    dkirk0530 my name is Mandy and I am actually the wife of a soon to be THR recipient. I noticed that you are from GA. We are also, near Athens. I was just curious were you are located. My husband is young, 30 to be exact, and extremely nervous. Hoping for maybe some positive feedback on our local...
Back
Top Bottom