Recent content by KellyBob

  1. K

    TKR How Painful Will My Upcoming MUA Be?<

    The MUA one week ago was not that bad. I had a nerve block and 5 mg percocet every 4 hours for the night I was in the hospital. OS said it was not as difficult to break the adhesions as he was expecting. 130 was achieved in the OR with OS pushing, 120 with 'gravity' as they referred to it...
  2. K

    TKR How Painful Will My Upcoming MUA Be?<

    Spex10 I just posted a reply on your thread :)
  3. K

    MUA Festina lente -Hastening slowly

    Spex10 - I had my MUA a week ago. Before MUA, ROM was only 80. During MUA he got to 130. At my first PT session after the MUA I started out at 82. I'm now at 105. So while I am extremely happy I had the MUA, I am concerned by your comment that you don't even need pain meds anymore. I am still in...
  4. K

    PKR Almost 3 week past PKR

    Dang @IAPILOT that's remarkable! It gives me hope! MUA tomorrow and I really hope it's what I need. I am 99% sure its' adhesions. I am raring to get on my Nordicktrack Freestrider which I love plus my elliptical and bike and to do some yoga and stretching. I mentally miss working out so much. I...
  5. K

    TKR How Painful Will My Upcoming MUA Be?<

    Thanks Josephine and others. Husband and kids have been great and I really do get to rest my knee a lot during the day. I do feel like I'm much better prepared for the MUA and knowing to take it easy and ice, elevate and proactively take my pain meds afterward.
  6. K

    TKR How Painful Will My Upcoming MUA Be?<

    1. Pain is constant at 3-4 if meds have worn off; 6-7 if I've been upright most of the day. Pain is an stiff, achy soreness interspersed with shooting pain on inside area of my knee. Pain is 1 if I'm on my meds. 2. Percocet 5 mg every 6 hours. I have gone all day without them but need them at...
  7. K

    TKR How Painful Will My Upcoming MUA Be?<

    @brzy how is your knee now after 2 MUAs?
  8. K

    PKR Almost 3 week past PKR

    IAPilot - did your doc say you could keep running? My Doc said not only no more running, but no more singles tennis, only doubles. Basically nothing that's high impact. Are you going to run anyway? There's a part of me that says keep running and worry about it later and part of me that knows I...
  9. K

    TKR How Painful Will My Upcoming MUA Be?<

    Just turned 48 and had a PKR November 3rd, 2016. I'm carrying an extra 25 pounds but extremely athletic before surgery - in fact, I think one of the things that pushed my knee over the edge was training for an Olympic-distance triathlon ( I completed the swim and bike but could not do the run...
  10. K

    PKR 2happy's Recovery<<'

    I too was woefully unprepared for what this surgery involved and the recovery process. It seems utterly ridiculous now, but I really thought I'd be up and about in 2-3 weeks! I'm 2 months out from the surgery and still in the "regretting I did this to myself" phase. If I had known what recovery...
  11. K

    TKR How Painful Will My Upcoming MUA Be?<

    Spex10 it's going to be the week of Jan 10th. Yup, very apprehensive!
  12. K

    TKR How Painful Will My Upcoming MUA Be?<

    I'm happy to answer all questions. And I've read every single thread regarding KR on here I think. I've been on this sight since a week after my surgery. It's the reason why I told my PT that we were done trying to jam my leg closed in order to gain ROM. It's also the reason why I understand...
  13. K

    TKR How Painful Will My Upcoming MUA Be?<

    PKR November 3rd, 2016. Knee still very swollen with barely 80 ROM 2 months out. Was just told MUA is the way to go. I was hoping to hear from a couple folks who underwent MUA what to expect in terms of pain and recovery. Used to think I had a high pain tolerance, then I had a knee replacement!
Back
Top Bottom