Recent content by Kelleytoons

  1. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    Thanks. The good news is that I was playing up until just a few weeks before surgery, but due to the extreme pain I was in my level of play had dropped to where I was basically only able to stand in one place and take a step or two in any direction. So starting off again I think I'll be able...
  2. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    Couple of weeks later but I thought I'd post for anyone reading this an update. So my PT guy said I was almost 140 rotation (even though I read 135 is about the max. Whatever). I can't see, when I'm in the pool and can get a REALLY strong bend in both legs, much if any difference between the...
  3. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    I think we got a bit confused here -- seems like you thought I was the one with more swelling as noted above by someone else. I don't think I've overdone it at all -- indeed, my swelling is almost non-existent (except for the tightness around my knee, which I *guess* is still swelling and/or...
  4. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    Yeah, deep knee squats is about the only thing where I feel... not exactly "pain" but discomfort for sure. But I also feel it in my right knee at the same level, so I suspect it's just that my body shouldn't do that (nor do I particularly need to do them that deep -- I just want to work my...
  5. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    Thanks, that's good to know -- so, just to be sure, I should STILL ice and elevate my knee, even though my surgeon and PT folks have released me? And, is there any particular time to do this? I don't feel any pain anymore (so it's hard to get feedback about when to do this). I definitely want...
  6. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    Thanks, I will try and do that. I was a bit luckier than most (I guess) in that right up until the day of surgery I was riding my recumbent bike for 30 minutes a day, pretty hard (it hurt my bad knee like hell but my surgeon said I couldn't damage it anymore than it already was so I went for...
  7. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    Okay, if I understand it I'm only supposed to post one thread, so let me finish out here (even though it has nothing to do with my original topic per se). Today was my last day of PT and at 7 weeks out my rotation was measured at 140, which I guess is good. My PT guy said I was about as healed...
  8. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    I had my left TKR done on 6/30. Honestly, the squats I do don't hurt my replaced knee any more than they do my "good" knee (my right leg is fine -- not even a trace of pain. I realize that can always change, but my left leg has been bad now for almost five years, so I'm hoping I can get...
  9. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    These are all helpful replied, thanks! (I need to visit all the threads the mod has linked to and do a lot of reading). I plan to be playing tennis LONG before six months (my doc says October will be fine and that's three months for me). I guess I'll just try and deal with that tightness...
  10. K

    TKR Tightness around knee?

    Folks, First of all, I know everyone heals differently but I'm trying to just get some ideas on what I can expect. Last week, at six weeks post-op, my surgeon released me to "pretty well do what you want". Knee rotation is 125 (132 with "help") and pain free (I get some aching when I do...
Back
Top Bottom