Recent content by Kch7238

  1. K

    Knee Infection* LTKR last Monday and boy am i grateful for you

    Hi Mary I am so sorry for what you are going through! I'm sorry your infection was periprosthetic, fortunately mine was not. I had 4 weeks of daily infused IV antibiotics, 3 more of oral, now 12 weeks of skin grafts. When I asked my infectious disease Dr how common infections are, he said, "I...
  2. K

    Knee Infection* LTKR last Monday and boy am i grateful for you

    Sorry for such a long absence from this forum. You all have helped me so much, just wanted to give an update. After my surgery I was nauseated for four weeks, and my incision did not look right to my (retired) nurses eye, found out I had an infection, probably contracted in the hospital. Have...
  3. K

    Knee Infection* LTKR last Monday and boy am i grateful for you

    Thank you all for being the voices of reason at 4 a.m. From the first nerve block not working it's not been what I expected. And I am a retired nurse, but my career was not in orthopedics. A!so have not known anyone personally who has had a knee replacement. So it's been very educational to...
  4. K

    TKR Anyone had Robotic Assisted TKR?

    My Mako surgery is tomorrow. I don't know anyone else that has done it this way, thank you all for the info.
  5. K

    2021 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    My surgery is tomorrow May 24. I found this group just in time!
Back
Top Bottom