Lounge Doctor

TKR Anyone had Robotic Assisted TKR?

Kneedhelp ow

Country
United States United States
Looking into robotic TKR in Washington state. Anyone had this type?

Jockette

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Hi and Welcome!

Have you had any joint replacement yet? Lots of our members have had the robotic procedure and lots of our members didn’t. We’ve learned that the experience of the surgeon is much more important than a particular procedure or choice of hardware.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Welcome to BoneSmart. Thanks for joining us!
You will find accounts here on the forum of recoveries from Robotic Knee Replacement. If you use the SEARCH a at the top right of the page and type in Robotic Knee Replacement, I’m sure you’ll find some threads of interest to read.
Wishing you the best as you research and make decisions. :)
@Kneedhelp ow

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Both my knee replacements were computer-assisted, but not robot assisted. I had good results.

Robot assistance can help a good surgeon, but it can't make a good surgeon out of an unskilled surgeon.
Whatever method is used, the skill of your surgeon is the most important factor for getting a good result.

_Annie_

Country
Hello,
I had Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery. Actually both knees in 2020 were done that way. I had really good results. I’m in central Ohio, or I would recommend the surgeon I had. I’d be happy to answer questions if you have any.

OP
OP
K

Kneedhelp ow

Country
Thank you. Two in one year, that must have been quite a year for you.

Cjackso21

Country
My last revision on my right knee (complete replacement again) was done with Robotics. It was by far the easiest revision I have had (have had the first TKR that did not. “Stick”, then a complete replacement which was rough then a few other revisions then the Robotics last year). Suspect very few folks have direct comparisons. I just went to doc because I need 1 more revision on ligaments, and asked why last was so easy and he said the robotics. I am in the Phoenix area, wish I could help you find a place to do it there. If you’re interested in my doc you can PM me.

mature mama

Country
Yes, both of my knees have been done with Mako robotic assisted procedures. Do it. Extraordinary results with very little pain. They do a cat scan of your leg and then make a model of your leg to develop the replacement joint from. During surgery, you have a surgeon doing this operation but they also put "ports" (my term) above and below the knee to receive and work with the robotic process. The precision of this process leaves less trauma in my opinion and easier recovery. Almost no pain in my circumstance. I would strongly recommend this. Also I had a femoral block right after both surgeries which helped suppress the pain for days. So much easier to recover when pain is reduced.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.

New

STEPS Challenge
Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
MistyBlue155
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom