Recent content by kbraz

  1. kbraz

    TKR above knee tightness

    Listen to Josephine! I'm so glad to have found the forum and her. The ice, elevate, and medicate is the answer. And 115 sounds pretty darn good to me!
  2. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    Thigh pain is still going on but has changed somewhat to additional deep pain on the outside of the thigh at R1. I have iced and elevated. Could I be resting too much? Geez....this is like the never-ending thigh issue. Guess it doesn't get better overnight. All good things are worth waiting...
  3. kbraz

    TKR Hi All... Been A Rough Ride

    I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope the next few weeks get better for you. Try not to push yourself too hard in getting back to work. Save your body strength! Slow and steady. I have paid for trying to do too much and you don't need to do that. Take good care.
  4. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    Tens machine? Can this usually be found at the physical therapists? I think I will do the stretches as well. The ones on the top of the article look daunting - the others look do-able. Thanks so much - again! maryo52, I think it is the band issue. There is still some numbness along that...
  5. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    You know, I really think I need a new brain as well as a new knee. Can't blame it on the pain meds as I'm not on them any more. Josephine I read the excellent article and I think I am going to do the self-massage and see how that goes. There is a wealth of advice in that article (which I...
  6. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    Thank you, Josephine, for merging everything. I think I have located the pain and tingling to R1 and above in that same area. I will watch the video right away.
  7. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    maryo52, the valium did seem to be working some when I was taking it every 8 hours. Forgot to answer that. It didn't totally take care of it but the pain was less sharp.
  8. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    Hi, maryo52! I'm walking and riding a stationary bike. Still doing some gentle slides in bed when it is time to get out of bed. I'm off of pain meds except for Tylenol and Aleve because I was on hydrocodone and it did nothing for the thigh - and my knee pain has improved to the point that...
  9. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    I am 10 weeks and 1 day out from my RTKR and, many thanks to this forum, I feel like my knee is doing great. However, I have such pain and tingling in my thigh that it is driving me crazy. It often feels like muscle spasms but sometimes just sharp pain, burning or tingling. My OS put me on 2...
  10. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    Meezermom, that trip sounds wonderful! We went on a cruise a few weeks before my surgery (Carribean). My husband insisted on ordering a lightweight, foldable wheelchair from Amazon. It was inexpensive but I didn't think I would need it. Oh, man, was I glad to have it. Our cabin was mid-ship...
  11. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    By the way, thank you all for your encouraging words - and the offer to go in my place. Haha!
  12. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    Taking the wheelchair along would be a good idea. Unfamiliar airports can be a challenge! And if nothing else, being in a wheelchair will tend to encourage people to move out of your way! London is a fabulous city! What are your plans for things to do and see while you're there?[/q uote] We...
  13. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    That looks wonderful! Thank you so much - we will check out reservations. A friend of mine went several years ago and raved about it. :thankyou:
  14. kbraz

    TKR Sudden Knee Pain 8½ Weeks Out (Jan 21)

    Made arrangements for assistance at all airports and found info for wheelchair rental in London! Thanks to you both! :SUNsmile:
  15. kbraz

    TKR Ready To Move On

    Hi, Ready! I'm a retired elementary principal who just had TKR in January and I can't imagine going back to work after 6 or even 8 weeks. Take all the time you can, work the meds, and don't worry about your vision. My vision and my handwriting were really off for weeks. It will return to...
Back
Top Bottom