Recent content by Kazilla

  1. Kazilla

    TKR Matched Set

    I may have graduated from PT. Got to 0/130. I have next post op visit with doc on Thursday.
  2. Kazilla

    TKR Matched Set

    I have one more session. The doc wanted me to continue through this month, especially with returning to work so soon after surgery. Part of the reason I am doing well with ROM is I do a lot of the exercises on my own at home. Once I get through this month, I plan to incorporate swimming to...
  3. Kazilla

    TKR Matched Set

    It has been a crazy few weeks. I am a high school teacher and went back for teacher workweek at 6 weeks PO. Students returned when I was at 7 weeks PO. Overly ambitious, I know, but it is how my surgery date worked out. Luckily I have a great department and admin team. They have been...
  4. Kazilla

    TKR Kazilla Recovery

    Yes, I remember them from first TKR. My removal comes right after my PT session. It just worked out that way. So here's hoping it may stretch out things a bit before removal. Right now I feel like a few near the top are tight or maybe some skin over. Not sure since it's still covered up.
  5. Kazilla

    TKR Kazilla Recovery

    I don't have PT until Wednesday. I will let her know that it swelled after last session. Wednesday is also staple removal day.
  6. Kazilla

    TKR Kazilla Recovery

    Day 12 Yesterday I had some swelling. I figured it was from overdoing it on Friday in PT. Elevation and ice yesterday and it is better today. I'm counting down the days until staple removal (on Wednesday)and move to a cane in another 9 or so days. Getting in/out of our SUV has gotten easier.
  7. Kazilla

    TKR Kazilla Recovery

    Day 10. Big gains today. Getting more range on knee. Up to 101° bend and 0° straight. Did the recumbent bike and got my foot to all the way around. Did that for 6 minutes. On Wednesday, I couldn't get it to go over one time. Getting in/out of SUV is getting easier. Next week: Wednesday is...
  8. Kazilla

    TKR Kazilla Recovery

    Recovery Day 9: Recovery on this knee seems a bit better than my first on 5 years ago. This may be because I have more realistic expectations. It could be difference of robot assisted surgery this time. Not sure. That being said, there are still moments of pain that are bad, but even those are...
  9. Kazilla

    TKR Matched Set

    Thank you @Sisterpat. I'm lucky, as I worked on previous TKR with this PT. So we know each other well. She actually said I did quite well for 3 days out.
  10. Kazilla

    TKR Matched Set

    I had my LTKR on 6/22. Today is my first outpatient PT.
  11. Kazilla

    TKR Kazilla Recovery

    Thinking about you @Jo Wo. I just got home today.
  12. Kazilla

    TKR Kazilla Recovery

    7 am today
  13. Kazilla

    TKR Kazilla Recovery

    I'm awake and already sitting up in a chair. I will say a prayer for you for tomorrow @Jo Wo
  14. Kazilla

    TKR Back Again

    Thank you Rain Dancer.
  15. Kazilla

    TKR Robot-assisted vs Traditional TKR

    The same doctor who did my right, which came out great, will be doing the left. So I know I am in good hands. I believe he is using Mako.
Back
Top Bottom