Recent content by Katydid

  1. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Thanks for the info, Sissy! Helps to know :-)
  2. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Update at 5.5 weeks: Well, as it turns out, I did have severe diverticulitis and was unbelievably sick in bed for all of Christmas:-( I couldn't get up for a solid week. Stopped ALL pain meds, as they seemed to be contributing to the colon problem.The good news is that the antibiotics (sick as...
  3. Katydid

    THR I must say "Thank you" to my BoneSmart friends

    I loved reading your post, Zorro. What you said is so true and beautifully put. It has meant the world, knowing that there is such a wonderful community of kind people who understand what we are all going through and who take the time to provide support and guidance. Wishing everyone a Happy New...
  4. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Thanks, Poppet. Helps to know that someone else has been through this and that it turned out fine. I have been so worried about all that was said about the dangers of infection after surgery. And then I have heard troubling things about Flagyl, too, which is being included in case it's...
  5. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Oh brother. I was great until a few hours ago. And I need some input here because this has sure brought me down. Went to my MD today for my 3 week check. He said I'm doing amazingly. Barely need the cane (only when I'm out for long periods of time), my PT is going great. I have been unbelievably...
  6. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Thank you, Janet! So sweet of you. Gave me a laugh, too! And, hey, I so encourage you to give yoga a try. It's wonderful! And addictive-lol.
  7. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    So glad to hear how well your gait is coming along with and without the cane, Janet. Thank you for asking your doctor about yoga. Thank you, Poppet, for the yoga thread info and contact, too. You guys are the best! Again, I am so happy to have found such a terrific group! Had a nasty glute...
  8. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Thanks, Sharon. That's good advice. I'm going to try it tonight! And I think you're right that I need to be more realistic with my "unassisted expectations" :-) ~Katy
  9. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    They're beautiful and you have that much more time to watch them grow up! I'll send you a crutch report soon.
  10. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Thanks, Tammy! Sounds like you're doing really well. Impressive that you're back to work already, too. Is that your beautiful family in the pic? I'm going to give the crutch a try and see if it's a better fit for me than the cane, although I seem to be getting the hang of the cane if I don't...
  11. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Thanks for all of the suggestions and encouraging words. Sure feels great to be able to ask questions of such a knowledgeable and helpful group. All the recovery articles are really helpful, too. Thanks for those, Josephine. Something to share back that I have found helpful for getting to...
  12. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Thanks, Jaycey! No, I haven't tried a crutch, but I'll pick one up and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the idea:-) Thanks, too, about telling me not to worry about the weakness. I'm sure you're right. I see my doctor on the 20th for the first time since the surgery. Kind of wonder why...
  13. Katydid

    THR New November Hip

    Hello all! I had my right THR on November 27 (2 weeks ago today) and finding this forum has been a godsend. So many questions and fears answered and allayed! This site ought to be included in the information packet from all of the doctors' offices. There are just so many things that they don't...
Back
Top Bottom