Recent content by katiek3451

  1. K

    TKR 10 weeks out

    I’m ten weeks out with my second knee. The main pain I have is behind my knee! Anyone else? I have full extension. Just bugging me. I also have hip bursitis on the opposite side from compensating for the weak knee presurgery. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. K

    TKR 10 weeks out

    Saw OS today. Said I'm doing well, can go back to work in a couple weeks. Don't need anymore PT. Have not needed pain meds for several weeks. I still have some twinges, they said that's normal-takes time. When I went into this, my ex was very ill with cancer, staying with my daughter. Might...
  3. K

    TKR 10 weeks out

    I posted earlier today about how critical some people are of PT and now it is gone. I didn't attack an individual, no foul language, but I guess because I disagreed with some, the post has been deleted, as I'm sure this one will be. I thought a forum was to share ideas and express oneself. Hmm...
  4. K

    TKR 10 weeks out

    ...why so many on here seem to demonize PT' s. I had left TKR 11/15. After 3 days in the hospital, I came to inpatient rehab and will be going home Monday. I have had daily OT and twice daily PT. Sure, it's going to hurt. The therapists know what they are doing and how the body functions and...
  5. K

    TKR 10 weeks out

    So far, so good. No pain yet, nerve block still working. Moved from bed to chair. Doc said knee was really bad, so I guess it was time. Soon to do my first p t. Let the fun begin!
  6. K

    Pain

    Thanks, everyone. Not allowed any nsaids, and I have been living on Aleve or Motrin for quite some time. Also no aspirin, even my 81 mg. I've been second guessing if I should be doing this now, just gotta go for it. Other knee will need it, too. The joys of aging!
  7. K

    Pain

    My surgery is this Friday, and can't be taking any pain meds pre-op to get ready. Starting to hurt more and then the fun of surgical pain. Dread, dread, dread!
  8. K

    One week!

    I am in northern Ohio! Got lucky, I guess. Jiffy Lube, here I come!
  9. K

    One week!

    My daughter is 35 and her dad is staying with her about an hour away from me, son is 32 and lives in Chicago with his wife and baby. I actually work in a nursing home/rehab facility and am thinking of going there for a week or two after the surgery. I have someone lined up to watch my animals...
  10. K

    One week!

    After spending last weekend in Chicago, and maybe walking a little too much-maybe a total of 8 blocks, I went to the doctor yesterday and he said it's time for a new knee-and it will be a week from today. Fast, I know, but I shared with them that my ex-husband is dying of lung cancer and my...
  11. K

    Sciatic pain-caused by bad knee?

    Thanks for all the input. I work in a nursing home/rehab facility as the social worker, so I have had some great input. I had plantar fasciitis in my left foot, sciatica on the left side, now on the right, and a chiropractor has helped tremendously with the sciatic pain. Apparently, my arches...
  12. K

    Sciatic pain-caused by bad knee?

    Both of my knees will need to be replaced in the future, probably sooner than later. I have had a horrible problem with sciatic pain on the right side. Could this be because I am out of whack? Anyone else experience this? They say my left knee is worse than the right, but the right hurts...
Back
Top Bottom