Recent content by kathyrose

  1. K

    TKR Kathyrose's Recovery Thread>

    Staples removed Thursday and I am counting down the days[emoji106] and I can finally take off these awful, tight, hot, constraining Ted hose! Woo Hoo! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. K

    TKR Kathyrose's Recovery Thread>

    I am so scared of the pain meds. I have two adult children addicted to drugs. So I think I am under dosing myself trying to be really careful. I take 1/2 of an oxycodone twice a day and I was also given Celebrex. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. K

    TKR Kathyrose's Recovery Thread>

    I have not but I am willing to. Any suggestions on a good protein drink? I could buy some protein powder and add it to my shakes. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. K

    TKR Kathyrose's Recovery Thread>

    I feel so weak, loss of appetite, nauseated. I can only get a few bites down. I thought I was really in shape but this surgery has kicked my butt! I am icing my knee often but it is still very warm to the touch. Enough complaining! On the positive note, my PT is going well. He says I am ahead of...
  5. K

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    I am struggling to figure out where to post. I am four days postop for tkr. I was in the hospital only two nights. Now I am having a terrible time with the pain meds. I am so sick to my stomach I can not eat or drink anything. It just won't stay down. So therefore I can't take any meds for the...
  6. K

    TKR Kathyrose's Recovery Thread>

    I am 3 days post op tkr replacement. I have never been this sick. I can't eat, drink, therefore I am having a terrible time taking any pain meds. I have a nausea patch behind my ear and a phenagrin suppository but does not seem to be working. This is the worst part of the whole surgery. Just...
  7. K

    New knee July 27th

    Thank you so much! You have given me some much needed encouragement....
  8. K

    New knee July 27th

    Thank you for your reply. I sure hope the surgery will take care of the pain. I know I will have a long recovery but if the TKR gets rid of this pain it will be totally worth it! I am sure my 16 hour trip in the car and going up and down steps in the vacation condo plus trying to walk in the...
  9. K

    New knee July 27th

    Ran across this app by accident and have been scanning through it hoping to find all the info I can before and after the big day. I am scheduled for RTKR in a couple of weeks. My big concern right now is, I have been very active playing tennis, pickleball, with minimal knee pain. Had a...
Back
Top Bottom