Recent content by KathyO23

  1. KathyO23

    TKR Kathy023 - 2018 October feisty here!

    Hello almost two years post op L TKR... my knee still gets tight and very crackly with left IT band poping /snapping over the L bony prominence. it is not right. any thought? all the best, Kath
  2. KathyO23

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    sending love vibes to your knee... Let’s hope it something other than the bionic! Please let us know!
  3. KathyO23

    TKR PCL release post TKR<<

    I can’t believe you are going through this ‘popping out of place’ and you can pop it back in... please, get a second opinion. It is one year also for me (Oct 23) and the last few months found me with snapping IT over L prominence which made for scaring/crackling/crepitus over my entire knee...
  4. KathyO23

    Making Final Decision on Ice Machine---Pros/Cons

    I used gel packs and ice bags.... would definitely get cryo cuff
  5. KathyO23

    Robotic Assisted TKR surgery Next Week ...is it common?

    @TKR55 I just had a LTKR at HSS NYC.....on Oct 23 .... Smith & Nephew Journey 11 XR. My os used the NAVIO Surgical System. I was discharged the day after surgery and getting a bit stronger in very small increments. Good luck to you, it an incredibly hard decision to make! I hope someday they...
  6. KathyO23

    Has Anyone Had MIS TKR instead of Standard?

    Hi @Rockgirl4 I just had the Smith & Nephew https://www.smith-nephew.com/professional/products/all-products/journey-ii-total-knee-system/journey-ii-xr/ at HSS in NYC. One week ago today. Then incision is 4.5 inches which has dissolving sutures and glue (dermabond) I was discharged the following...
  7. KathyO23

    I have a date!

    Thank you!❣️
  8. KathyO23

    I have a date!

    Thank you for the well wishes, it means a lot! They did push me back to second with a time of 1130... they say, intermittent fasting is good for you! I’m in good spirits and relaxed.... Cheers! K
  9. KathyO23

    I have a date!

    I’m ready!!!? By this time tomorrow I will have my new ‘bionic’ knee! My sister is driving me into NYC in a couple of hours to HSS. Staying overnight for an early morning surg time.... here I go! Wowza! Kath
  10. KathyO23

    2018 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Great to hear! They are known as #1 Ortho hospital... I hope you heal well and fast!
  11. KathyO23

    2018 October Feisties - Are you having knee surgery in October?

    Yay! My surgery is two weeks from today at Hospital for Special Surgeries NYC. Has anyone had TKR there? My OS is giving me a Smith-Nephew JOURNEY 11 XR prosthetic (Bi- cruciate ACL/PCL Retaining....) Has anyone had experience with this? He will use a NAVIO Surgical Syystem.... Trying to...
  12. KathyO23

    October feisty here!

    hi all! I just had a long day in NYC doing pre op! I have to say HSS is extremely thorough and all very kind! Going forward with my October 23rd date! Has anyone had their surgery at Hospital for Special Surgeries? I believe I’m in good hands! Cheers! K
  13. KathyO23

    I have a date!

    Thanks Jockette! I have been reading the articles and blogs. It is an extremely daunting decision to have this surgery. I appreciate all the hugs I can get.... cheers to all!
  14. KathyO23

    I have a date!

    Thank you for the welcome! My pre op day is already next week Oct 4th and surgery date Oct 23rd. Left total knee ....yikes!
  15. KathyO23

    I have a date!

    After years of on and off pain, many injections and loss of my workouts I finally booked my TKR for October 23!
Back
Top Bottom