Recent content by KathyH

  1. KathyH

    THR Walking and biking after THR

    @Lisako76 hi, just to let you know you’re not alone with your knee problem. My left knee was replaced eight years ago and was in great condition. I was so happy with it. But after my left hip was replaced (due to a fracture after an accident) five months ago, my replacement knee has been really...
  2. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Thank you @Softtail I have never been able to do squats because of my left knee (fractured from a car accident and consequently a knee replacement several years later). But I have looked up other exercises online. There are a couple of American doctors on YouTube, Bob and Brad, who are good...
  3. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Thank you @Layla I am still progressing, albeit at a very slow pace. When I think about how far I have come, I know it is progress, but we don’t realise it every day, do we. For instance, although when I go out I do keep my stick in the car, I don’t use it. I can’t say my hip feels normal...
  4. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    That’s very comforting to hear, thank you @Layla When I asked my physiotherapist this question, she said no the feeling never goes away! They don’t know everything, it seems.....
  5. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Thank you @Jaycey I was doing the golfer’s bend and didn’t realise it was called that. Thank heavens :)
  6. KathyH

    THR Knee pain

    @Suseliz , if it’s any consolation, I had my left knee replaced eight years ago. I was doing perfectly well with it. No complaints at all. However, since my left hip replacement (three months ago) my knee has stiffened and I’m not able to bend it as much. Am hoping this will improve in time...
  7. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Thank you @Layla I’m wondering what the golfer’s reach is? Sorry, I have another question, for anybody. I am aware I have this ‘alien’ hip every minute of every day. Will this feeling ever go?
  8. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Hello, not been on for a while. I’m getting there. Slower than others, but hey ho. Walking round the home without aid. We bought a treadmill recently and I use it twice a day, half an hour each time, 2mph at the moment. I take a stick with me outside just for confidence. Still having physio...
  9. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Thank you @Layla . We are still having lots of rain and very high winds here. Hope that's not the end of our summer. It's so good to be part of this forum. Don't know how any of us would have coped without it. :flwrysmile:
  10. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    @alexthecat oh my, four hips surgeries in nine months. I can't even begin to imagine how that must have been for you. No wonder you were both physically and emotionally exhausted. Who wouldn't be! You got there in the end, thank heavens x
  11. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Thank you @Jaycey . Hmm, I may try it in a couple of weeks then, hopefully when I have more confidence. I will get hubby to show me how slow it goes. I haven't even seen it yet. It's in our summerhouse at the end of the garden. You have to go up a few steps to reach the summerhouse. And...
  12. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Just one question, as my physiotherapist is on holiday this week so can't ask her. We recently purchased a treadmill. I wondered if it would be okay to use it on the slowest setting?
  13. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Many thanks for sharing your thread with me, @alexthecat . Your certainly did well with your positive attitude and were an inspiration to others, particularly Jacey. :flwrysmile:
  14. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Thank you @leejaa . And that's exactly what I am doing regarding the walking aid. Great minds... :flwrysmile:
  15. KathyH

    THR From the Other Side

    Dare I say it, she says touching lots of wood? I seem to have turned that corner. Yesterday my hip felt so much better. This morning my physiotherapist came. I explained my concerns during this past week and she said she didn't feel that anything was wrong. She had me do a lot of bending...
Back
Top Bottom