@momkellz Those are awesome numbers! Congrats! I've yet to do formal PT but feel right there with you. Your burning pain..is it inside or on the skin? Last year I had burning pain....it turned out that it was nerve damage/neuropathy. The earlier you get it checked out the better...and to help...
@horsegirl Ask for an ultrasound to check your ligaments -especially your ACL. And also ask for a Bone-scan to check for white spots that could indicate loosening and/or infection. Because you are so strong your stability won't be affected immediately by a shot ACL. And perhaps get a second...
@pinot I feel your worries! But for some additional perspective my surgeon doesn't want me doing any formal PT until I'm 12 weeks out!! He thinks recommended exercises at home is best since you don't want to push recover (as all these lovely Bonesmart moderators constantly advise us!). My...
Zofran was prescribed but doesn't seem to work well with me. So I have to use Promethazine/Phenergen which makes me super sleepy. So I just take the pain meds at night. If I breakthrough during the day before noon I use tramadol which totally wires me. Always with food or I'll vomit.
I'm...
Day 20 post-op
Thank you @Celle and @bottomshollow for your supportive words. I am trying to drop the "competitive attitude" (my own words) as I recognized it comes from trying to prove to my husband that I'm not lazy or crazy with made up stories about pain. I just don't like feeling...
Day 17 Post-Op:
ROM def over 90 -possibly at 110;
I walked upstairs "normally" in the last two days...did more heel slides, attempted some hip thrusts and now leg is sore but not swollen lek before..much less swelling but ironically I needed to use tramadol throughout the day yesterday and...
Well..the weirdest thing...I slowed down and then started to feel better...I seriously spent the last two days in bed and my swelling went way down!!! It almost looks normal! And I can tell my ROM is better!
So I'm feeling pretty good now!! Day 14 and I didn't need any pain meds after 4am...
Thanks @Josephine for the tip! Did re-read the Energy Drain article. So I'm now 12 days post-op and had to take minimal painkillers throughout the day but as soon as I lay down to sleep (with memories and holes for another 14- hour uninterrupted sleep session) pain decides to as hello! And...
@Josephine and @kneeper Thanks for feedback! I did start trying to do less (very frustrating) and it may have helped my swelling tremendously. Or maybe it was the icing, elevating and resting per Bonesmart's advice/articles.
This has been the most frustratingThanksgiving and Holiday season...
Thanks for the reassurance Josephine! I do quad sets (pressing into mattress) at least 3x5 most every hour. I do 2-3 clamshells twice a day; 10 straight leg lifts twice a day (and a few here and there throughout the day);about 40 heel slides total in a day as well as point toes and flex. But...
Thank you Kneeper (love that name)! I'm not sure if I'm having it any worse than anyone else!! That's my problem. I have no idea how to gauge my pain levels. I discontinued the Cymbalta as it provided relief for just one day and that was all. But I'll continue with the vitamin c.
My pain...
Arghhh! Just when I thought I had found the magic routine...another night of little sleep. I'm petrified that my pain may be elevated due to RSD -a diagnosis of exclusion that a couple docs had tossed around. I guess I just don't know how much pain is normal.
So as a "preventative measure" I...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.