Recent content by Kat62

  1. Kat62

    THR Bionic Side

    Well, I haven't updated in a while- because things have happened so fast. But life is glorious for me. Here I am, 3 1/2 weeks out and I can now walk without support - no cane! I've been mostly off my pain meds for nearly a week(I usually have to take one in the evenings when I still ache)...
  2. Kat62

    THR Bionic Side

    Jen- how are you doing?? I think about you often. My update at 5 days out- walking around the house alot. Able to get myself small things I can reach. Able to do stairs but not alone. Pain is completely ubder control with the percosets but I hate the way they make me feel. Nauseous and...
  3. Kat62

    THR Bionic Side

    Jen- howare you doing? Just taking a minute to check in. Doing great on the 3rd day out. PT wore me out today but i can make it up and down steps now. They took off my dressing and no leakage so i can shower tomorrow!! Cant wait!!!! Still hurts about an hout out before pain meds but...
  4. Kat62

    THR Bionic Side

    Thanks to all! I'm heading home two days in. Finally got sleep last night pain ia managable and happyto be going home. Very happy to be on this side finally. :) appreciate all the support!!
  5. Kat62

    THR Bionic Side

    I'm happy to report that less than 12 hours out- I'm on the bionic side!! Ive already been up to walk! Pain is managable. Having a hard time sleeping. But All is good here. More later. :)
  6. Kat62

    Excuse me while I whine

    Nerves.. nerves .. nerves.. *LOL* Thank you all for the encouragement! Hate the wait. :)
  7. Kat62

    THR Bionic Side

    48 hours out, and I'm setting up my new thread in preparation. Trying to get everything in motion and SO eager to be answering on this, with my new bionic hip. On Valentines Day, I have a date with a surgeon! Woohoo! I'll report in as soon as I'm able. See you all there!
  8. Kat62

    Excuse me while I whine

    Hi Kathy 0427! I'm still in that place - more calm, just want it all over and done. I'll be watching for you as well- and I'm sure we will both do great! I know they take you off the anti-inflammatories because they are blood thinning, but I swear I think it's so you will hurt bad enough...
  9. Kat62

    Waiting in pain for thr

    I am 4 days away from my THR and completely relate to the pain. I was on meloxicam up until a few days ago (same thing as advil, just easier on the kidneys/liver). Oddly enough, ice has not worked for me. It makes me ache. For me, heat was better. So if the ice doesn't help- give a heating...
  10. Kat62

    Excuse me while I whine

    Again you guys come through. I ate carbs tonight in hopes of knocking myself out. I've been doing low carb since July. Definitely am calmer. And between the carbs and the tylenol, maybe some sleep tonight. Maybe get up and into a recliner if that helps. Hope that you all are doing well! I...
  11. Kat62

    Excuse me while I whine

    Three days off the anti-inflammatories and wow, had no idea they were helping so much. THR for right hip on Tuesday and it can't get here fast enough. *LOL* I'm past the worrying about waking up from surgery. Now I just can't wait for it to get here. Can't sleep, can't get comfortable and...
  12. Kat62

    Obese and Feeling Defeated in LA, CA

    I love this thread!!! I'm 5'5" and now at 290 lbs. When I did my first consult, I was at 320. Luckily I have no other medical issues. I was very lucky with a Dr that was willing to do this THR on my right hip, although they did want me to try to lose weight while I was "thinking it over" in...
  13. Kat62

    One week out

    This is all so nice to come home from work and read. I love all the encouraging words. They tell me that they normally do a general anesthetic and also the spinal, and for some reason say that it gives a better range of motions afterwards. But they also said I could discuss this with the...
  14. Kat62

    One week out

    Well, here I sit, one week out. And trying very hard not to freak out. Have to stop the anti-inflammatories today. And not looking forward to that. My mobility is sometimes good still, and I have moments of denial- nah, I don't really need this. But my lack of solid sleep, and inability to...
  15. Kat62

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having hip surgery in February?

    Thank you! Getting a right fhr. Thought it would be a good idea to talk to others in the same boat.
Back
Top Bottom