Recent content by karwask

  1. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your patience and taking the time to so diligently explain to me, once again, another way of looking at this. I would love more than anything else to believe that if I just continue to do gentle stretching over the long period of time it will all work out...
  2. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    Hi All, Just wanted to check in and see what you all might have to say about how it's going now. I'm just starting week 10. I'm still doing physical therapy once a week now. I'm doing my warm up (stationary bike) and workouts three times a day and doing a few miscellaneous things in addition...
  3. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    @sistersinhim and everyone else here, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you. Especially like the attention to the walking gait which is something that PT is having me do and how to utilize that to help progress my extension, very helpful thanks. Yeah, I so appreciate the...
  4. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    Okay folks, a little update today and one really big question. I had my fourth PT appointment today and it seemed to me that we finally hit the sweet spot. We did some warm up activity which was very helpful, we did do measuring before and after and then ran through my exercises. I felt it did...
  5. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    @EalingGran Thanks so much for that Pilates resource. I will take a look. As much as I've been focused pre-surgery on a regular routine of progressive strength training, I would love to add Pilates back in there along the way.
  6. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    Thanks so much everyone. I have not yet figured out how to respond to individual people yet so please forgive me. There's so much insight here and ways of thinking about things that were outside of my thinking that are incredibly helpful. The idea that I can suggest that they not measure me...
  7. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    Hi all, I just wanted to check in again about how it's going now and any comments, thoughts, suggestion always welcome. Now I've been to three PT appointments and have a better idea of what this actually looks like. Yes in the beginning, they were pretty gentle but now it's a matter of...
  8. karwask

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    I'm in the midst of week 3 and I'm not at 90° either. My PT is measuring me every time I go but so far not putting tons of pressure on me for more results but only have been to the first two.
  9. karwask

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Hi All, thanks so much these last few tips and things are enormously helpful. It's a process for sure and knowing what to expect and how to react to what comes about is really important and I was missing some of this information no matter how much I've tried to be prepared for this so thanks again.
  10. karwask

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Hey! Seems as if we are on a similar trajectory with all the same caveats. It's great to feel good and to be doing so well and at the same time, not pushing it too far and figuring out where that boundary is likely to be. Of course the boundary keeps moving because we're getting better each day...
  11. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    Hey, thanks for asking. I'm doing exceedingly well and I think a lot of that has to do the fact that the good deal if not most, of the swelling has subsided. Sleeping is getting much easier. I'm starting to get to the point of feeling like I want to move in my normal way and then I have to...
  12. karwask

    TKR 2nd TKR - 6/26/2025 - repeating same good BS post op protocols!

    Hi Ferddword, Still new to the knee replacement situation having had my hip done in 2021. Got my TRK done on Tuesday so not exactly an expert, but just to chime in. A similar situation as yourself. I am taking Tylenol along with the Oxy and also Meloxicam and low dose aspirin for blood...
  13. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    Thanks so much everybody what a tremendous resource I'm reminded once again. I really appreciate the help and focusing on what's most important at this moment in time, ice, elevation, gentle movement regularly. Before I reread all of this I was trying very hard to keep my legs straight at...
  14. karwask

    TKR Desperately seeking ways to improve flexion after week 12

    Hi All, Generally, went very well. The surgery itself didn't take terribly long. I was very devoted to wanting a spinal and not general anesthesia. Unfortunately, the spinal didn't work so I had to have general in the end. Therefore, I kind of got the worst of all worlds. Nauseous, and at the...
  15. karwask

    TKR June 24, 2025 Total Right Knee

    Hi All, I've been preparing for this surgery for a really long time and feel really well, prepared! My sister is coming to stay with me for several weeks, I have everything I need, I have cooked up a whole bunch of food for us and anticipating a good recovery that is reality based. Although I'm...
Back
Top Bottom