Recent content by KAPHealey

  1. KAPHealey

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Hi Deb, Thanks for your advice. I was just reading archived posts about this issue and then noticed your response. I'm going to give it a shot. My hubby thinks it's in my head because he didn't experience the same thing with his scar *sighs* :loll:The posts were very reassuring, as always...
  2. KAPHealey

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Hi Jtmav, I hope you are doing well. We're almost at week 8 and I'm happy with the progress. I still can't stand to have anything touch my scar (and the area where the surgical covering was pulled off), but my hip pain is subsiding. My hubby and I visited relatives this weekend, which required...
  3. KAPHealey

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Thanks so much for all the encouraging replies! I will be 6 weeks post-surgery on Thursday. It's amazing how the healing process morphs the aches and pains to different areas. Now I'm having some intense aching in my left hip area with some weakness in my left leg. It has been happening for...
  4. KAPHealey

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Hi Layla! I'm doing well, thank you. I dropped the PT last week after an unpleasant experience but I'm still focusing on my exercises and walking. I posted a longer message with a recap. Thanks a bunch. Kind regards, Kim
  5. KAPHealey

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Hi Suzie-Q, Thanks so much for checking in on me :) All-in-all, I'm doing well. I posted a long message with all the details. Warm regards, Kim
  6. KAPHealey

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Hi andpeaches! Thanks so much for checking in. I hope you are doing great :) This has been an interesting process. I'm doing great but you are correct ... I thought by week 4 I would be pain-free. What hurt the most through this entire procedure was having the surgical covering over the staples...
  7. KAPHealey

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Greetings All! Just checking in to make sure you know that it wasn't just the pain block talking in my first message - although it helped a lot! Today is post-surgery day 8 and I'm doing very well. My in-home physical therapist just told me that I must have a very high tolerance for pain...
  8. KAPHealey

    TKR Happy as a clam :)

    Hello All! Well, I'm on the other side of surgery and feeling fantastic! I'm so grateful to all the amazing people who have helped me through this process! My surgery was on Thursday, Feb. 1st, so today is day four, and I'm not even using a walker. Days one and two were a breeze thanks to that...
  9. KAPHealey

    TKR Upcoming TKR

    Hello All! Well, I'm on the other side of surgery and feeling fantastic! I'm so grateful to all the amazing people who have helped me through this process! My surgery was on Thursday, Feb. 1st, so today is day four, and I'm not even using a walker. Days one and two were a breeze thanks to that...
  10. KAPHealey

    TKR Upcoming TKR

    Yes, Janet ... and I'm excited! That sounds strange, but it's a positive step in the right direction :) I'll certainly keep you posted. Kim
  11. KAPHealey

    TKR Upcoming TKR

    Hi Layla, It's my left knee :). Thanks very much for the info! Warm regards, Kim
  12. KAPHealey

    TKR ONE DOWN ONE TO GO

    Hello cibia, You are truly an inspiration! I am scheduled for a LTKR on February 1st and I know the right TKR will follow - just not sure when. You have answered so many questions I didn't even know I had! hahaha Congratulations on your valiant efforts and speedy recovery. Warm regards, Kim
  13. KAPHealey

    TKR Upcoming TKR

    Thanks so much! Kim
  14. KAPHealey

    TKR Upcoming TKR

    Hi Jakemedic :) I wish you the very best of luck and will be cheering you on. We've got this!
  15. KAPHealey

    2024 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Hello All! It looks like I'm leading off the February Valentines with my left TKR on February 1st. I'm excited that the date is finally close, and I'm very optimistic about the outcome. My surgeon is the best in the area. He performed my husband's successful TKR 5 years ago. I plan to stay on...
Back
Top Bottom