Recent content by kabrissette

  1. kabrissette

    Toddler strategies

    No real advice @Toddlermom, but I'm in the same boat - I'm pre op and will be doing both hips in one surgery on 3/1. I have a 2 year old son and how he is going to handle all of this is probably my biggest concern. He's on the larger side too so I'm worried about when I will be able to lift him...
  2. kabrissette

    Bilateral THRs at 33

    @Hip Hip Hooray! - Could you lift 40lbs now? When did you feel like it was ok to do so? I'm genuinely concerned about this since my son is definitely Mama's boy :(
  3. kabrissette

    Bilateral THRs at 33

    Thanks @djklaugh :) I think I am most nervous about my ability to be patient in recovery... It's going to be hard to step back from being a Mom for a little bit. I believe my surgeon said no bending and lifting my son for 6 weeks and then as tolerated. He's no small 2 year old (almost 40lbs) but...
  4. kabrissette

    Bilateral THRs at 33

    Thanks @Hip Hip Hooray! I am definitely scared but hoping it will not be as bad as I fear. I really do trust my surgeon which helps of course. I'm nervous about getting back to feeling good enough that I can take care of my 2 year old and hopefully finally be the Mom I want to be. Hoping that by...
  5. kabrissette

    Bilateral THRs at 33

    Thanks for that @Jaycey
  6. kabrissette

    Bilateral THRs at 33

    I should add I'm having anterior approach and will need general anesthesia due to the length of surgery.
  7. kabrissette

    Bilateral THRs at 33

    Hi all, I am somewhat new to the forums - I posted a bit and lurked around about a year ago after finding out I need two hip replacements at age 33. I have inflammatory (autoimmune) arthritis that went undetected until after the birth of my son 2 years ago. I was told in March 2015 that both...
  8. kabrissette

    Bilateral THRs at 32

    Hey @Toddlermom ! I'm still trying to put off surgery for now - I'm thinking late winter/early spring at the soonest. It's a lot to wrap your head around at a young age. What has lead you to need a THR? My hips are shot due to autoimmune arthritis.
  9. kabrissette

    THR 6 weeks and heading back to work!

    Ugh I am so sorry @Kocob :( I am worried about something like this happening too, since I really want to be done with one surgery. But the main thing is you are here and safe... Sounds like your doctor made the best choice given the situation. With that said though, I hear you on the frustration...
  10. kabrissette

    Time to make a decision...

    I think I have a plan. I did some soul searching today. I need to get myself out of being near a nervous breakdown, so I am going to start counseling as soon as possible. I have a couple other health issues I need to get checked out so I am going to make those appointments. I want to continue...
  11. kabrissette

    Time to make a decision...

    Yeah I can barely get through those exams either... It's been that way for a couple years but slowly getting worse
  12. kabrissette

    Time to make a decision...

    @Josephine (or others)... do any of you know if range of motion before surgery has any impact on your outcomes after surgery, either short or long term? The doc was making a huge deal out of how bad my ROM is on both sides (85-90 degrees pulling knees to my chest, about 5 degrees internal, 15...
  13. kabrissette

    Time to make a decision...

    @Josephine I will look into those shoes! Thank you I was telling my OS yesterday one of the hardest things is that I can't get a handle on "how bad" I am really either. He says my hips are terrible, not bone on bone but close, and my range of motion is bad - I can't get my legs past 85-90...
  14. kabrissette

    2 day to go! Yikes BTHR!

    Best wishes @Kocob! I can't wait to hear about your experience as another patient facing bilateral. I bet you are going to do great!!
  15. kabrissette

    Time to make a decision...

    @Josephine @djklaugh @Gummy Bears ... Soonest my OS can get me in as of now is late October. I live in Michigan so the ice and snow of winter starts in December and lasts until March. I would have to go back to work (so driving a walking in the winter weather) by January. Is that a terrible...
Back
Top Bottom