Recent content by jul

  1. J

    TKR Its been a While

    Hi Judger thanks for your msg. I am glad to know it isnt just me. I did tell my surgeon but he insisted it wasnt anything to do with the op but I think it did.
  2. J

    TKR Its been a While

    Hi There, I havent been on here for about 2 to 3 years and I have to say it was my go to place for advise chats pick me ups and just general chit chat. As you all know as we recover we have our ups and downs and this place is an amazing place to go to during these times. It has been 6 years...
  3. J

    TKR Mechanical axis alignment.

    @Pumpkln That information is really helpful as I was also a bit bowed legged and now am finding it new getting used to the new way of walking. My back hips and ankles hurt a bit this could be all due to what your saying. I also should get new shoes. Jul
  4. J

    TKR RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

    @referee54 Thanks Tim for the good advise I will try to not feel guilty about resting and not doing to much its just hard.
  5. J

    TKR A quick hello!

    @Josephine hopfully can shed some light on this for you. It is a bit frightening when you don't no and knowing that came out of your knee would be very scary. Hope all is ok Jul
  6. J

    TKR RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

    One other thing last knee I went back to work at 5 weeks post op this time I have taken 8 weeks of and I am so glad I did. Phew. Jul
  7. J

    TKR Recovery Milestone at Three Years Out

    @Jamie I haven't squatted knelt or bend down with both knees to look at anything below a bench or lower shelf for years I cannot wait for this to happen to me I really hope that it will one day. It is fantastic news that you were able to you must of been jumping around with joy. Jul
  8. J

    TKR Turning a Corner with My New Knee

    Hi @sabbath Great to here you have turned a corner you will have plenty of those days which makes it a slow but eventful recovery. It will hurt and ache for a while make sure you keep up with your meds and ICE and elevate. Jul
  9. J

    TKR On the road again.....

    Hi There @Littlelady58 I had my second done on the 7th and my first done on the 22nd of June last year. I have to tell you the both knees are so different in recovery. The blues make you feel all sorts of things and you just can't put your finger on it which makes it worse but you will have...
  10. J

    TKR RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

    Hi everyone hope all recoveries are going great. I am feeling very lazy but I am also quite tiered I still have a bit of interrupted sleep. At this stage I am going back and forth from the bed to a recliner it seems to help but there there are days I can sleep In bed all night. My knee is...
  11. J

    TKR RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

    @copsham they certainly do just different joints. I have been very lazy with this one and have been resting and trying to ice when I can. It seems to be coming along great. Just a little stiff when i walk and a bit uncomfortable in bed of a night but I'm only just ove 3 weeks out so hopefully...
  12. J

    TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

    Great to hear from you already.
  13. J

    TKR RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

    @Celle thank you for your reply it does put my mind at ease. I use my crutches outside the house but around the house i don't So many people have different ideas and insist they are right. I did see my OS for my check up and he was happy with my knee and said you have been through this...
  14. J

    TKR Getting my Life back on May 1

    Hi Roxie @Kansas Teacher best of luck for your LTKR. Mine have ruled my life for about 20 years but the worst was the last 10 or so years so I know hoe you feel. It is a long and challenging road but it will be well worth it. Always keep in mind that it took a long time to get were you are...
  15. J

    TKR RTKR Done Looking Forward to the Future

    Just wondering if anyone can view my post as I have posted a couple of times but don't seem to get any replies.
Back
Top Bottom