Recent content by Juju50

  1. Juju50

    TKR I am at my wits end

    Thank you all for the pep talk that is just what I needed. I have just done what my Dr. and PT have ask me to do. I have given it my all and tried my hardest. I guess I just expect so much from myself. My Dr. said he didn't think I would be happy with the ROM that I had because of my age and...
  2. Juju50

    TKR I am at my wits end

    I had my TKR on June 3 this summer. Came out of the gate strong. Was way ahead and recovering great. I was hurt at therapy when I was ask to lift something too heavy on a weight machine. I had already finished my first round of therapy when this happen. I called my nurse and she said to rest...
  3. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    Thanks RestAssured when I do go back to PT somewhere else I will speak up. For now I'm back on the couch elevating, icing and board out of my mind. I thought I was past this stage. :headbang:
  4. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    So funny Josephine I thought you wanted me to sent you a private message. (In message) HaHa. I was taking Hydromorphone HCL 2 mg 1 tablet every 3 hours as needed. And of course I thought I needed it most of the time. OxyContin 10 mg every 12 hours Everything I read said stay ahead of the pain...
  5. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    Thanks guys for all the helpful info I don't feel so all alone. It's kind of hard for your friends and family to understand what your going through. It's hard for me to understand sometimes what it takes to get through this process. I had read a lot about the surgery and rehab before I had it...
  6. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    Dulcimer Diva yes you are exactly right that is the machine I'm talking about. They do a lot of sports injuries work there. I'm not going back that's for sure. I think she put me through the same routine she would of someone with arthroscopy surgery. I hope I'm doing the right thing by staying...
  7. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    Knee pain I know what you mean nights are worse and it does feel like a tooth ache. I'm sure my husband is tired of me talking about my knee all the time also but I have to say he's taken very good care of me.
  8. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    Josephine I'm not sure where to ( in mg ) you .
  9. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    Skigirl I am not going back for sure. I got the bright idea to go somewhere new for the second round of my PT. When this knee heals I'm going back where I went in the beginning. If it ain't broke don't fix it. That's what my mom always said.
  10. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    Gazelle it did hurt alittle but I just want to get better so bad and have been trying my hardest. I told her I couldn't do the leg extensions with just my bad leg so that's when she grabbed the bar and helped me lift it. I know now to never try to do this type of exercise again this soon. I'll...
  11. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    The pain meds made me feel so bad. I couldn't keep any food down had to wear patches for that. Made me depressed and cry at the drop of a hat. I felt like myself again when I quit taking them. Started taking Tylenol and was ok with that. I'm not really having any pain just stiffness and...
  12. Juju50

    TKR HELP Two steps forward three steps back

    I am new to this site and need advice. My TKR was June 3 seven weeks ago. I was doing great for seven weeks, ROM was 119. Have been active, off pain meds at 2½ weeks and also driving at 3 weeks. Finished my first 4 weeks of PT and my Dr said I should have another round of PT. I was excited and...
  13. Juju50

    TKR Becca's TKR Recovery

    Becca This is the first reply I have made. I hope it's in the right place. Your story is so close to mine. I had my surgery on June 3 also. I am 54 and am also about at the same place for ROM on my TNR. I also was crying and feeling sorry for myself. As I was reading your post I felt like it...
Back
Top Bottom