Recent content by jtrahan

  1. jtrahan

    TKR Crying & bending knee question

    Wow! You’re still really early yet in your recovery. I think you might be pushing it a little too much. I’m going back next week after being out since March and I don’t feel ready. I’m an elementary school physical education teacher and I teach seven periods a day out of a nine period schedule...
  2. jtrahan

    TKR March 9th RTKR

    By the way, that’s not a Speckled Sussex. It’s a Dominique. I do have Sussex chickens but that’s not one of them. My Speckles are the most social and my Dominique’s are the biggest drama queens.
  3. jtrahan

    TKR March 9th RTKR

    I doubt it. Teaching pre-k through second grade is like herding kittens. I have to be mobile. I’m going to see how it goes. I’m starting my 33rd year and am eligible for retirement. I’d rather not retire but if I can’t do my job efficiently I’d rather not do it. I’m going to bring some ice packs...
  4. jtrahan

    TKR March 9th RTKR

    I’m going back to teaching but I can’t sit. I teach physical education. I see kids from pre-k to 8th grade. I’m six months post op and I’m still having pain and swelling. I’m not looking forward to teaching seven periods every day.
  5. jtrahan

    TKR Crying & bending knee question

    Swelling will limit your range of motion. Some days are better than others. Remember to ice and elevate. Also, the more active you are the more swelling you will have.
  6. jtrahan

    TKR March 9th RTKR

    Last night the same thing happened to me again. I just blew it off and went back to sleep. I must move around a lot when I sleep.
  7. jtrahan

    TKR March 9th RTKR

    The pain was extreme! I dreamt as if my leg was being bent in the opposite direction. This wasn’t the first time. It happened a few times during my first few months on the recliner. I woke almost in a terror as if my leg was being bent further than usual. I can’t recall if it was in flexion or...
  8. jtrahan

    TKR March 9th RTKR

    Hello, I am now around eleven weeks post op. I am still experiencing intermittent pain and regular swelling. I have on occasion had a peculiar situation and was wondering if anyone else has experienced it. While sleeping, I would will wake up in extreme knee pain feeling as if my knee was being...
  9. jtrahan

    THR Sleeping on back questions

    I just had my knee replaced ten weeks ago and still have pain at night and when I wake up in the morning. No amount of pillows help.
  10. jtrahan

    THR Sleeping on back questions

    When I had my first hip replaced the doctor sent me home with a wedge shaped pillow and said sleep with this attached to your ankles for three months. I was able to lay either on my operated side or non operated side after week two or three. Move ahead five years later, the same surgeon replaced...
  11. jtrahan

    TKR Hello! TKR April 18th

    I didn’t get to 121 until week nine. Your swelling will definitely restrict your ROM. Give it time and don’t push to you feel pain. It’s okay to feel a stretch, but when it starts to hurt, you went too far. My therapist cranked on my leg to get a maximum degree flexion. That entire weekend my...
  12. jtrahan

    TKR March 9th RTKR

    I never considered how my recent hip replacement could play a role in my knee replacement recovery. I can tell you that I don’t believe I ever rehabbed my right hip as effectively as I should have due to my knee. When I got to the more advanced hip exercises, my knee pain would always inhibit...
  13. jtrahan

    TKR March 9th RTKR

    I just want it to move like my other knee. It’s funny you mention not putting weights on your knee. I was considering hanging some ankle weights from my lower thigh allowing my leg to straighten more. I guess I will reconsider that one. Thank you for the information.
  14. jtrahan

    TKR March 9th RTKR

    Hello, Does anyone know if the knee replacement parts are designed to go further than 0 degree extension? I noticed on my pt script that it says flexion to 130 and extension 0. I’m just curious because I still get pain when I extend my knee. I’m eight weeks post op and my flexion has improved...
  15. jtrahan

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    Hi Glidfloss, I remember that dreadful pain in my leg when I had my ACL surgery thirty years ago. Whenever I would get out of bed the blood would rush to my lower leg causing an intense pain lasting for about a minute. I prayed I would never experience that pain again. Unfortunately, I was...
Back
Top Bottom