Recent content by jsykas

  1. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    I am not sure why my primary took the CT scan more seriously than the main nurse. But when I called after my primary requested I see a surgeon, she got me in the next day. Surgeon ordered an x-ray and the spiral break showed very clearly. The nurse had the clean x-rays from March 15th and may...
  2. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    Nina Yes, same surgeon. 1st surgery was Feb 1, 2024. X-ray March 15th showed clean (buy I had both knee pain and shooting pains and was behind on recovery). PT instructed me to push off more with implant leg when standing or walking. The very next day, the 16th, walking to a funeral, I did push...
  3. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    Again, with 15" scar from butt down thigh, ties around still broken femur; this posterior revision operation is so much less painful than the 1st anterior with only 4" scar. The original gave me knee pain and quad pain and finally loosened and split my femur. I was concerned as I was progressing...
  4. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    Save for initial pain from large incision and more invasive surgery, this operation is much different. The constant knee pain is gone, the reoccurring shooting pains are gone and the constant quad pain is gone. Something was never right with last femoral stem. I don't think it ever set. As I...
  5. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    Layla, thank you. Not trying to complain but inform that this revision broken femur surgery is quite invasive. I am progressing on pace
  6. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    Surgeon says April 10th revision and femur repair were successful. 2 days in hospital, now home. Non- weight bearing for six weeks. Over 12" scar with nifty Prevena Plus 125 to apply negative pressure to wound. Pain so great this morning that twice I went into cold sweat going into shock. Even...
  7. jsykas

    THR Kath's Recovery

    No, I needed major revision surgery. This morning, so painful that I broke out in cold sweat as I started to go into shock. Over 12" incision
  8. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    Wow! comparing x-rays. The shaft of the replacement slipped own over 5/16" splitting the bone slowly as it slipped over days. I was told to push off with my (r) foot harder to get it back to even. Guessing I pushed off to hard and it slowly started slipping over time. Glad I had it looked at...
  9. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    The implant, like splitting wood, acted like a wedge, splitting femur bottom to top. Don't know if it was under stress from get go and with more use let loose. Or if it moved down and split bone. Probably the former.
  10. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    Still no clue why. Could it have been under stress then let loose? I never fell, never jumped, never ran. Came on slowly March 16th
  11. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    April 10th
  12. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    Asked for visit with surgeon who got ne right in. Fracture is quite bad. Scheduled for hip revision surgery next week. As x-ray from March 15th shows clean, no sign of fracture and as late on the 16th, I had my 1st pain from this, surgeon feels that I must have fell or jumped. Odd as it...
  13. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    It looks like I listened to PT who had no idea that I had a fracture. I was instructed not to favor the implant leg, that when I stand use mainly the implant leg and when I walk push harder with implant leg. That will get you back to normal. Guessing all that extra pushing, even though gentle...
  14. jsykas

    THR Kath's Recovery

    I was just diagnosed with the same. Hip fracture from surgery. Now, after 7 weeks they want me non weight bearing for 4 weeks. Ughh Did you recover fully?
  15. jsykas

    THR Quad pain

    They recommended only non weight bearing, no surgery. I want a copy of the actual scan so I can see it myself and get another opinion.
Back
Top Bottom