@Jamie, certainly I wouldn't know the root cause of the pain. I have had three cervical spine surgeries, and know that arm pain as well as sensory and/or motor impairment of the arm and hand are common with pathologies of the cervical spine. As there is a lot of overlap of wishihad's symptoms...
Well, January will be 10 years, and so far, so good.
I had a Biomet MoM (metal on metal) resurfacing with Thomas Gross in January 2015. I landed on the resurfacing instead of replacement because at the time I was an endurance runner and wanted to avoid the restrictions that come along with a...
@wishihad, what a terrible story, and condolences this current dilemma. Good luck on the doctor search. Just a thought... Has your cervical spine been evaluated?
I'm 16 weeks post-op ream-and-run, and last week had what should be my next to last checkup.
The x-rays say that everything is healing well. They told me that it is still possible to pull the insertion point of the subscapularis off of the humerus, but that that is very unlikely. My next...
@Falcon6210 , condolences on the complication. Sorry this isn't turning out to be the easy recovery that I assured you it would be. Please keep us posted. I'm really curious about what's going on.
@Falcon6210, wow, a week out today... I'm nine weeks past a replacement tomorrow. Comparing it to my hip resurfacing nine years ago, the shoulder is substantially easier. From everyone I've heard that's had a knee, hip AND shoulder; to the man all place the shoulder as the easiest and the...
Just a random update after my two month post-op check up to hopefully encourage anyone scrolling through here in the future with the same surgery I had.
There were no surprises and everything is proceeding according to plan. Rather than separating tendons and ligaments from the bone, this...
@leejaa , welcome to the other side. BTW, don't get too annoyed at the nerve block induced numbness; when the nerve block completely wears off tomorrow, you'll miss it. You're going to do great!
@EL84, my surgeon was Michael Howard at Plano Orthopedics and Sports Medicine in Plano, TX, with the actual surgery at a nearby surgical center in Dallas. It was outpatient.
I'm getting a little better every day. The doctor x-ray's me every month and tells me that recovery is on schedule. PT...
@GrandNan, condolences on being here, but welcome back. Don't sweat this, as it is far easier than recovering from a hip replacement (at least for me). If you did Ok with the hip, a shoulder will be relatively easy.
I've found with clothes that I just wear what you normally would. The...
Per the weight gain ... One reason I can't take opioids is because they cause my kidneys stop releasing anything into the bladder; experience from my 2015 hip resurfacing. That doctor told me that that was unusual, but that he saw it from time to time. Perhaps your pain medicine is slowing...
@dapplega thanks. My doctor had me at PT the day after surgery and doing seven sets of stretches, but only twice daily. My PT, who've never heard of 'ream and run' tell me that I'm well ahead of schedule for a TSR. I assume it's because of all of the extra work. I'm expecting to be out of...
@EMuller, before the debridement of my left shoulder three years ago, I noticed on information from the insurance company that they had approved a biceps tenodesis. I explained to the surgeon that I seriously did not want that done unless it was absolutely necessary. He acknowledged my...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.